• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trouble with Live Mode in Omnisphere

Trouble with Live Mode in Omnisphere

Hello all-
    Great forum-I have had many problems solved by answers I found here.
    I’m having trouble with Live mode in Omnisphere. I have a multi set up and it plays fine. I turn on live mode and assign key note changes. The key changes work, but I get note stealing, and sometimes the level increases dramatically. I have tried separate midi channel in/ separate audio channel out and single channel in and out. It doesn’t seem to matter-I still have the same problem. Has anyone else experienced this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

q6600 4 g Ram, Windows XP Pro, RME HDSP 96/52, Motu Midi Express XT, Sonar PE 6.2, Yamaha O1V96, Lucid Word/Super Word Clock,

Re: Trouble with Live Mode in Omnisphere

well, it has been posted by many that there are large volume variations between different patches in Omnisphere. I think this might be your problem.
    You could go to the mixer page and set the volumes for each part so that they match in apparent volume (not absolute values) and that'll probably fix the problem.

Tell us how it went.

The increase in volume only occurs when I use Live mode. Otherwise I haven't heard the sudden loudness others have reported. Frankly, I'm more concerned with what appears to be voice stealing. Again-this also only occurs in live mode.

Thanks for the help

Most likely you are sending more than one MIDI channel from your controller. That's what the problem sounds like.

Omnisphere is set to receive ALL channels in Live mode as a default.

Go Back to forum