That's very good, I like it.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Re: Treasure Mountain

Mooshykris:

Welcome to the Forum and thanky you for your first
    posting using GPO.

After listening, I truly felt that you like Baroque music as
    your "theme" is a direct example of music of that period.

Nice imitations and tempi.

Looking forward to more of your music.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2 View Post
    Mooshykris:

Welcome to the Forum and thanky you for your first
    posting using GPO.

After listening, I truly felt that you like Baroque music as
    your "theme" is a direct example of music of that period.

Nice imitations and tempi.

Looking forward to more of your music.

Jack
    Thanks ^^

Well, actually, that period is the "theme" of the game to begin with.

However, I do love that style.

~Mooshykris

Hello, Mooshykris!

Nervous? Aaaah, we're just a good bunch of supportive musician/composers who love hearing each other's works -and I've never noticed anyone being bitten yet, so you're safe.

Now - NICE! - This sounds excellent to me. GPO instruments you've chosen are being really well used, the performance is tight with no loose edges, and the recording is superb.

You say it's a computer game theme composed by someone else, right? Did you put it together by ear?

ONE Question - what happened to the ending? Sounded like the Stop button was suddenly and violently pushed!

THANKS for the post!

Randy B.

Cool Re: Treasure Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Mooshykris View Post
    I debated whether to put this here, or in Game Audio. But being a GPO user, I decided to showcase it here.

Alright, well, I'm a little nervous, as this is my first time posting any of my work around a site like this, but here it goes ^^;

http://mooshykris.net/music/TreasureMountainTheme.mp3

This is the main theme from the old educational computer game Treasure Mountain.

Any thoughts or opinions on it?

I used GPO's Harpsichord, Violins, Cellos, Violas, and Flute. It also uses Flame Studios Yamaha Electric Bass Guitar.

Please give me your opinions. As I said, this is my first time posting my work like this, so I'm a little nervous ^^;

~Mooshykris
    Hi Mooshykris,

It was fun to hear that Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach's "Solfeggietto" has been used in a computer game! It's a great piece that CPE Bach created, he was one of the founders of the Classical style, composing in the Rococo and Classical periods.

It was a new experience to hear it orchestrated on GPO. I immediately recognized it, because I play it almost everyday as a warm up!

Thanks for sharing!

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hello, Mooshykris!

Nervous? Aaaah, we're just a good bunch of supportive musician/composers who love hearing each other's works -and I've never noticed anyone being bitten yet, so you're safe.

Now - NICE! - This sounds excellent to me. GPO instruments you've chosen are being really well used, the performance is tight with no loose edges, and the recording is superb.

You say it's a computer game theme composed by someone else, right? Did you put it together by ear?

ONE Question - what happened to the ending? Sounded like the Stop button was suddenly and violently pushed!

THANKS for the post!

Randy B.
    Actually, as I just added now, I fogot to put it in there ^^;; This particular MIDI is actually from the game itself.

I haven't yet mastered self-transcription, I am still working at orchestration of MIDIs.

At the moment, I use MIDIs and credit the original writers. (I just accidentally forgot it in this thread, I was so nervous posting it, sorry about that ^^; )

Sorry about that mixup.

Also, as for the stop button, that's another small mistake on my part, I didn't put up the fade out version.

Thanks for all the commenting everyone!

~Mooshykris

Hello again, Mooshykris

Thanks for the clarification on what you're doing here. Yeah, it's of course good to remember to credit whoever needs crediting in a post. Unless otherwise noted, we make the logical assumption that the MIDI files involved with a recording have been developed by the person putting up the post, since that's how 99.9% of the posts here originate.

I see, so you're using this as a learning experience - of course All music projects are that, no matter how experienced someone is. Right now you're doing instrumentations of existing files. OK, and here's some mentoring kind of advice - I'd like to see you push yourself into the unknown territory of creating your own pieces sooner than you feel you're ready to. You're learning a lot - now trust that your own voice will start emerging when you just push yourself to go for it!

Good to see you here.

Randy B.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hello again, Mooshykris

Thanks for the clarification on what you're doing here. Yeah, it's of course good to remember to credit whoever needs crediting in a post. Unless otherwise noted, we make the logical assumption that the MIDI files involved with a recording have been developed by the person putting up the post, since that's how 99.9% of the posts here originate.

I see, so you're using this as a learning experience - of course All music projects are that, no matter how experienced someone is. Right now you're doing instrumentations of existing files. OK, and here's some mentoring kind of advice - I'd like to see you push yourself into the unknown territory of creating your own pieces sooner than you feel you're ready to. You're learning a lot - now trust that your own voice will start emerging when you just push yourself to go for it!

Good to see you here.

Randy B.
    I'm glad you understand.

I'm also glad that I'm still welcome even with the difference. ^^

That was one of the reasons I was so nervous about posting here, because I am not a composer.

The other reason I was nervous is because of this: I'm self taught in music. I've never had a music lesson a day in my life. Everything I've learned from transcription, to orchestration and instrumentation is completely self taught.

I started my music work because I thought playing around with MIDIs was fun. Over time, I became more serious in my music work, and that's why I purchased GPO. It started as a small fun hobby, but it's grown into a more serious hobby of mine now.

So I thought, "okay, I've posted my work in some small places before, but I can't really call myself a "musician," so I wouldn't belong among the guys in places like northernsound"

~Mooshykris

I used to play Treasure Mountain a lot, so whenever I hear this CPE Bach piece, it reminds me of the game. Your orchestration of the piece is of course much more interesting than the boring old MIDI sounds the game had to use. Very nice work, I enjoyed hearing the harpsichord take a break every now and then so the woodwinds could have a chance at the melody.

EDIT: I'm self-taught too... in fact, I think in some ways, every "musician" is because I think this is an art you have to learn by doing. Anyway, I think there's still a lot of interest here in listening to re-arrangements and re-orchestrations if that's what you're sharing; creating them is a great way to learn.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast