• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omni Engine vs Kontakt Engine ?

Share/Bookmark

Omni Engine vs Kontakt Engine ?

Question:
    In comparing the 2, which do you feel is more powerful, Omnisphere or Kontakt engine?
    Obviously, the omnisphere engine is locked so that Spectrasonics can only sell and make money on the content produced (which sucks) and a scripting knowledge is involved for a front panel interface with kontakt (also sucks), but engine to engine which do you feel is more powerful?

Re: Omni Engine vs Kontakt Engine ?

Hi..i think you answered your own question..They both suck...LOL...JON

there is just no pleasing some people.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Hi Glitch,..All goofiness aside,to attempt to answer your question would be futile at best..Both are wonderful..And equally differ in what they are about. So much so that you may wish to aquire both.. I have both,but honestly have spent little (close to zero actually) time with Kontakt since Omni first was released..

I do have Komplete5 however so use many of the other plugins within..There is no real way to A/B them however .No demo version for either. So either the music store if one has them both installed or someone you know that you could visit..Best of luck on your search..I wouldn't write the possibility for being able to eventually use material other than that in the Omni. library off as defacto..It is at present..But RMX allows it so Spectrasonic have the tools needed to make it also a part of Omni..However that is just a notion at best.. As well as a hope for future versions on my end..JON

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchman View Post
    Question:
    In comparing the 2, which do you feel is more powerful, Omnisphere or Kontakt engine?
    Obviously, the omnisphere engine is locked so that Spectrasonics can only sell and make money on the content produced (which sucks) and a scripting knowledge is involved for a front panel interface with kontakt (also sucks), but engine to engine which do you feel is more powerful?
    Your post sucks...........sorry, we all have our opinions, I guess.

But seriously, if both suck, why do you care? I completely disagree with pretty much everything you said and think your logic isn't anywhere near what I think. But granted that we have different opinions, I'm just curious why it matters. Is this a thread designed to trash the two products? Are you being forced to use one of them?

I'm asking seriously. It's cool to not like a product, but I just don't see the purpose of this comparison. They are completely different products, not even competing.

Brent

Go Back to forum