• Register
  • Help

Topic: Remapping CCs

Share/Bookmark

Remapping CCs

Up to now I have used mainly CC11 for expression and dynamics in my MIDI files which I have previously reorded using Kirk Hunter and AO. I want to re-record many of them using the EXP samples of GOS. Unfortunately the crossfades are controlled by CC 1 (mod wheel), (obviously for keyboard players). I have laboriously redrawn the CC11 profiles as CC1 in each part of the compositions in my sequencer (Musicator), but am now PIG SICK of it.

Does anyone know if there is a simple way round this. If there is a sequencer which allows remapping of CCs I would buy for this purpose. Or is there a program similar to Maestro Tools which does this?

Re: Remapping CCs

Cubase can remap Controller changes to another controller

I\'m sure Logic can as well

MIDI OX can transform controller data in Real time..but I dont believe it will alter alrady recorded MIDI

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Thanks King

Following your comments I dug out a cut down version of Logic bundled with a soundcard. It allowed me to change the controller, but only message by message in the events list! I will investigate Cubase.

Martin Beckers

hmmm Cubase has a Transform Function, that lets you applyh a \"macro\" of sorts to a variety of MIDI information. I would think that Logic would have something similar. In fact I\'m pretty sure you can build a \"patch\" in the environment that would transform MIDI data.

Try asking on a Logic BBS board, or even try posting a Logic question in the software section of this forum.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Sonar (Cakewalk) also has a transform function. This comes in handy for bulk changes of CC messages, patch changes, etc.

If you are using logic just use the transform device or transform function. It works in realtime. Logic can do anything you can and can\'t think of.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haydn:
    Sonar (Cakewalk) also has a transform function. This comes in handy for bulk changes of CC messages, patch changes, etc.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haydn

Thanks for this tip, because I have a trial version of Sonar (which has all the MIDI functions enabled). Having imported a file from the sequencer (Musicator) I normally use I cannot work out how to remap/transform CC11 to C1 messages from the information provided. Can you help? This is the first time I have reached a limitation with Musicator, but perhaps I should ditch it. Sonar looks good value.

Martin Beckers

cling film would be chaeper: place over screen, trace your controller profile, change controller and redraw from tracing

ina

Go Back to forum