• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to bounce RMX groove?

Share/Bookmark

How to bounce RMX groove?

Hi All. I'm having one of those moments just staring at the screen baffled.

This is probably an easy one, but...

Appreciate any help,
    Shaun

Re: How to bounce RMX groove?

I don't know what you are asking exactly....to get audio going etc and get it to audio tracks so you can record it?

There is a cool video Presentation at Support. Just Log in go to Stylus click on Video Tutorials>where can I find the latest video tutorials> you can find them HERE. Click on that and you should get your question answered.
    2.66GHz MacPro Quad|6GB RAM|OSX10.6.4| 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro|4GB RAM|OSX 10.6.4|Pro Tools 9 w/CPTK|Digi 002R, Eleven Rack, MBox2 Mini|Garritan-GPO4, J&BB| Reason 4|Spectrasonics-Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian|Drumcore3, Discrete Drums|Toontrack-Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer|Sibelius 6|Izotope-Ozone4, RX2|String Studio|EastWest-Silk, VOP, Symphonic Choirs, RA, Gypsy, Stormdrum2, Fab Four|Reaper|

Quote Originally Posted by Lister Coleman View Post
    I don't know what you are asking exactly....to get audio going etc and get it to audio tracks so you can record it?
    Hi Lister.

Yes, I have a stylus groove that i want to print/bounce/record to an audio track in logic.

Shaun

Simply use Logics export track to audio command. Its at the bottom of the file menu.
    Just drag RMX midifile to a track and export that track.

THanks Hans.

It's a multi, and I don't have RMX configured for multi-out. I tried the bounce function off of the 1-2 out bus, but found that I needed to start RMX first (Logic doesn't allow you to alter things when it's bouncing) and then start the bounce, which causes loss of data and sync problems sometimes.

I can't recall if there was a way in logic to bus RMX out to an arrange page track and record it there? Still, not sure how to start RMX at start of record.

Maybe I'm missing someting big?

Thanks,
    Shaun

There is a pretty crazy tutorial at youtube how to setup Logic so you can bounce out the seperate outputs of a plugin in one go.
    It uses EZ drummer to illustrate it but you could simply replace that with a multioutversion of RMX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nWO2...e=channel_page

But beware the guy has a very unique choice of words. You might wanna make sure there are no minors in the room when you watch that clip!

Personally i thing the guy is pretty funny!

Hans

In Pro Tools you put an instance of RMX on an instrument track. If you have a 4 part multi-you then create 3 additional MIDI tracks.

You then drag each MIDI part of the Multi in order to them. Drag MIDI part 1 to Instrument MIDI track then MIDI part 2 to MIDI track 2 etc.

Now the transport should play it.

You then create 4 Audio tracks and you bus the Instrument track to Audio 1 and then select via the plug in's sends the sends to the other audio track.

Take a look at the Logic video at support. I used the Pro Tools one to help me and it was great.
    2.66GHz MacPro Quad|6GB RAM|OSX10.6.4| 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro|4GB RAM|OSX 10.6.4|Pro Tools 9 w/CPTK|Digi 002R, Eleven Rack, MBox2 Mini|Garritan-GPO4, J&BB| Reason 4|Spectrasonics-Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian|Drumcore3, Discrete Drums|Toontrack-Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer|Sibelius 6|Izotope-Ozone4, RX2|String Studio|EastWest-Silk, VOP, Symphonic Choirs, RA, Gypsy, Stormdrum2, Fab Four|Reaper|

Go Back to forum