• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Kontakt Player 2.2.4 Refuses to Recognize GPO(/J&BB) on Mac

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt Player 2.2.4 Refuses to Recognize GPO(/J&BB) on Mac

Video of my problem
    (QuickTime may be required)

I'm trying to put my money spent on GPO and J&BB to use, but Kontakt Player 2.2.4 (standalone or within a program) won't recognize the libraries properly.

I have everything up to date and registered.

I have all my NI related files in a folder called ~/Documents/Native Instruments(/GPO, J&BB, Kontakt 3)

If this is a directory problem, or something to do with preference files please someone explain in detail (as I'm not very keen on the technical aspects of this) what I need to do.

(I do have Kontakt 3, but that won't play J&BB properly, which I talk about on this thread.)

Right now I've got $400 of instruments that do not work like they are supposed to. I've been trying to fix this problem off and on for over a year now....

Thanks for any help!
    Moogie X. Fashbaw
    www.moogiex.com
    www.youtube.com/jimlapbap

MacPro 2x2.66 GHz Dual Core
    3 GB RAM
    Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

Garritan Personal Orchestra (KP 2.2.4)
    Garritan Jazz & Big Band (KP 2.2.4)
    Kontakt 3.5.0
    Finale 2009 r.2
    Logic Express 8.0.2

----

When I think a core meltdown
    Will ruin my lovely day
    I just those fears into the engines
    And blast my troubles away

Re: Kontakt Player 2.2.4 Refuses to Recognize GPO(/J&BB) on Mac

Hi, Sorry to hear you are having such a problem. The first thing I'm wondering is if you installed the instruments to the folder path you mentioned, or did you move the files to that location?
    What happens when you click the little arrow on the right side of where it says "instruments". You should be able to see a drop down list of instrument categories, which expands to reveal the instrument choices.
    Hang in there, someone here will get you up and running. John

Hi, Moogie

Over at your other thread, I just got through saying that I'd spotted the problem via your screen capture video--SORRY--I spoke too soon. The first time through, I thought I saw you going straight for the "Load/Save" tab at the top instead of the Instruments tab on the GUIs, and I thought you were getting lost in your folders.

HOWEVER, John "Big Ears" has to be on the right track of what's going wrong here.

Did you install JABB in that location or did you move it? If you let the installation process proceed on its own, the default set up works. When JABB is installed, it is NOT inside the Native Instruments folder, but inside its own folder in your Program Files under "Garritan Jazz Big Band."

You can check where the installation path is by clicking Info on the bottom right hand corner of the library's GUI inside KP2.

By the way, I can see from your screen capture that you have the missing GUI effect - a glitch which shouldn't effect operations--I mention that because you have those gray boxes instead of the various colored Garritan GUIs that have more text and graphics.

At the very beginning of the video, we see you click the word "Instruments" instead of the arrow directly to the right of it.

As John described, you should click the arrow and then have drop down menus where you can choose the instruments. Going up to the top and choosing "Load/Save" is an option for getting to your user-saved Multis, but isn't needed for straight-ahead loading of the instruments.

I believe your Library is in the wrong location. Using my set up as an example, it's as I said above - JABB is in its own separate Program folder, and KP2 is in its own. And to repeat something else, you can check where your instruments are by clicking Info.

I didn't watch closely enough the first time, thought I had more of a definite solution for you--Sorry about that. BUT your problem has to be about the location of the library and how it got there.

Randy B.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    I believe your Library is in the wrong location. Using my set up as an example, it's as I said above - JABB is in its own separate Program folder, and KP2 is in its own. And to repeat something else, you can check where your instruments are by clicking Info.
    Randy B.

Thanks, Randy. That was the problem with having the instruments appear on the left—now I'm still getting that infernal "The patch you are trying to load cannot be used with this application." That seems to be a common issue which I'm browsing through other forums to see what they came up with.

Someday, I'm going to have Jazz and Big Band working. Positive thinking!
    Moogie X. Fashbaw
    www.moogiex.com

3 GB RAM

Kontakt 3.5.0
    Finale 2009 r.2
    Logic Express 8.0.2

----

Will ruin my lovely day

""The patch you are trying to load cannot be used with this application."

You only get this when you haven't done the full upgrade through NI. You still have the earlier versions of the JABB instruments and KP2 can't recognize them.

Randy B.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    ""The patch you are trying to load cannot be used with this application."

You only get this when you haven't done the full upgrade through NI. You still have the earlier versions of the JABB instruments and KP2 can't recognize them.

Randy B.
    YESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I've gotten it to work (FINALLY!)—it required a DOWNGRADE to 2.2.3, installing GPO&J&BB 2.2.3, then upgrading to 2.2.4 (which only exists as the player).

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have jazz.

Thanks again, Randy.
    Moogie X. Fashbaw
    www.moogiex.com

3 GB RAM

Kontakt 3.5.0
    Finale 2009 r.2
    Logic Express 8.0.2

----

Will ruin my lovely day

oh man, I'm so relieved. It was excellent news when the auto-mail came in just now about your success, Moogie. Great!

Now, go cook us up some nice jazz!

Randy B.

great job Randy!!!

I have a similar problem. Where do I find the J&BB 2.2.3 update?
    NI only has Kontakt 2 2.4.

Regards,
    Vietato

I have a similar problem i think.

I have the original Garritan P O installed with the Kontackt player that came in the box, it all works. I read I now need Kontakt 2 so downloaded it with the serial number from the Service centre. It loads up. But I can't load GPO into it. I keep seeing a reference to Garritan Personal Orchestra KP2, but don't see how to get it and don't have it as a folder in my apps folder. I have the original GPO folder, a new Kontakt Player 2 folder and a Service Centre folder.

Please help me!

Go Back to forum