• Register
  • Help

Topic: sign in to the site?

Share/Bookmark

sign in to the site?

All day today everytime I have looked in on northernsounds I have had to sign in. AM I the only one this is happening to? Every other site I go to remembers me, so I doubt if the problem is in my computer. I was on the site (signed in) typing in a response and when I tried to post it, I had to sign in again.

What'sup?

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Re: sign in to the site?

no problems here Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer View Post
    All day today everytime I have looked in on northernsounds I have had to sign in. AM I the only one this is happening to? Every other site I go to remembers me, so I doubt if the problem is in my computer. I was on the site (signed in) typing in a response and when I tried to post it, I had to sign in again.

What'sup?

Ron
    Well, I don't know about the sign in after typing a response. That has never happened to me.

However, the Remember Me function has only rarely worked for me. I can read postings without log in, but if I want to post, I must enter the log in data nearly every time.

Richard

Allow cookies in your internet program...... there the id and pw will be stored.
    At least I think so, I won't do this, because the problem with storing this kind of information can lead to hacking my system.

Raymond

Ron, in my experience this site has been the most difficult to keep signed into of all the sites I regularly visit.

Worse than a day of hassling with it like you have - get this - I first bought GPO in 2005, signed up here, posted one or two things--and then A YEAR without being able to get on! I would come back, try again, change settings on my computer, but nothing worked. Part of the problem had to be that I was still on my Windows 98 machine at the time.

For that whole period of time I just stubbornly didn't want to create a new user name, knowing that maybe I had to start all over again. But when enough was enough, I finally broke down and created a new user name, and that indeed did do the trick. Well, there were still problems, but I was able to get on, and now they can't get rid of me!

I usually stay signed in, but once in awhile things get tweaky. ANd, I still have the site on the "classic Garritan" format - I don't even know what it looks like to most people now. I just remember when the format was changed - I freaked. I didn't like the way it looked, but much more important, it didn't function right for me. So I'm on retro - and sometimes hassling with what you've described. Nothing can beat a full year of not being able to get on!

Randy

I don't mean this in a negative way, but I am on a Mac, and I am never asked to sign in, even after I completely turn of the computer, which isn't that often.
    I suppose it's because it "remembers me"
    Dan

I guess the problem was in my computer.

I signed in once this morning and haven't had to again today.

It's odd just because I went to 6 other sites on that day numerous times and never once had to sign in there.

Well 3 1/2 years more and the world ends, so I guess I can live with it for that long.

Thanks guys

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Go Back to forum