• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sampler for Gigastudio

Share/Bookmark

Sampler for Gigastudio

I hope this is the right forum for such a question:

Gigastudio isn't stable on my new Vista machine so i'm looking for another sampler that natively reads giga. What would everybody recommend? Machfive II, Samplelord, Linuxsampler or others? Which one are you using? Thanks for any recommendations

Re: Sampler for Gigastudio

LinuxSampler of course. :-)
    Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, LinuxSampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland JX-10, 4GB RAM Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by dahnielson View Post
    LinuxSampler of course. ;-)
    Wait a moment.
    You mean, I could in near future have a PC with "normal dimensions" regarding mobo and processor with linux on it and lots of RAM ...

... and load that to the rim with Giga libraries and maybe converted Kontakt libs? And use that as a Giga slave with several hundreds of loaded patches?

(I came a little too late to samples for being a Giga user but this sounds good).
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hannes_F View Post
    Wait a moment.
    You mean, I could in near future have a PC with "normal dimensions" regarding mobo and processor with linux on it and lots of RAM ...

... and load that to the rim with Giga libraries and maybe converted Kontakt libs? And use that as a Giga slave with several hundreds of loaded patches?

(I came a little too late to samples for being a Giga user but this sounds good).
    Yep. That's what some are already doing.

There's also work going on implementing the SFZ v.2 format so that it will be possible to convert Kontakt libs more successfully. And hopefully when JACK2 is stable and released on all platforms it will be simple to send audio and MIDI over your LAN.

(There is also a VSTi and AU plugin of LinuxSampler in beta.)

PS. Love your new Strings-on-demand site by the way. :-D
    Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, LinuxSampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland JX-10, 4GB RAM Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux 64 bit

I'll give it a try as soon as VSTi works. Nothing to loose since it's free. Hopefully it doesn't have too steep a learning curve

Dahnielson do you have an aproximate guess when vsti support for Windows will be out? I didn't find any infos on the Linuxsampler homepage. If it still takes some time i might try samplelord first

Quote Originally Posted by newuser View Post
    Dahnielson do you have an aproximate guess when vsti support for Windows will be out? I didn't find any infos on the Linuxsampler homepage. If it still takes some time i might try samplelord first
    With the next release of LinuxSampler, TBA. Can't find any binary for you to download and test at the moment (only the AU version). Will ask around for it.
    Anders Dahnielson

Thank you for the quick answer and your effort. Much appreciated

Go Back to forum