• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: March Symphonique

Dublin, Ireland

March Symphonique

I posted this March on the Forum some time ago (c. 2007 I think) , but was unhappy with my GPO rendering. Since then I touched up the orchestration in places, did a few other changes, and then enlisted the help of Dan Kury (Dpdan) with the balancing, voicing and rendering etc. The result was that I felt I was hearing the work for the first time, thanks to Dan’s input and the benefit of his expertise, courtesy and professionalism.
    So I present it again for your delectation – March Symphonique - and hope you enjoy it more this time around!

Central Illinois

Re: March Symphonique

Eugene, Your piece is fantastique! You and Dan make a good team, kudos to both of you on this. I especially liked the woodwinds, but the overall balance in the rendering is great, all the instruments of the orchestra come shining through! Thanks! John

Eugene and Dan, great piece, great rendering. I liked the joy jumping from all the notes, it sounds like a Serenade for my birthday yesterday. So I woke up for a new day - now 65 + 1 day - with some sparkling tones.

Nice job in all aspects of this march. You've captured the style very well and lines, etc. are very clear due to your rendering.

Congrats!! Keep writing and posting.

Steve Winkler

Hello, Eugene - Your post made me curious about how the previous sounded, so it was easy enough to look through the history of your posts (on the drop down menu under your name) and I was glad to see the previous MP3 is still online.

Oh yes--interesting to compare the differences. The piece itself is wonderful with such a solid arrangement, and now it shines in its new incarnation. Great to hear that Dan helped you so much. The balance and entire mix is seemingly flawless now.

Your previous posting drew very enthusiastic feedback, there was just mention of the need for more Legato and such touches. All seem to have been well covered now in your new effort.

So congrats! This is a rendering to be proud of!

Randy B.

Great improvements in this rendition. I remember this March
    Symphonique very well and was happy to revisit it and hear
    the rendering improvements. Dan is a great audio professional
    and when he approves something, it's got to be right.

Great work, Eugene

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Dublin, Ireland

Thanks John, Raymond, Steve, Randy and Jack for such positive feedback. Full orchestral rendering not being my strongest suit, it was a revelation to hear the balance of the parts so expertly achieved by Dan, who got into the heart of the piece so sympathetically.
    Again thanks to all for listening.

I liked this. You brought the theme in and out, and developed it I pleasantly sounding way. I also like the contrasting themes later in the piece. The rendering was well done. Thanks for posting.

Hi Eugene and everyone,
    it was a real honor to work on this for Eugene.

What I found so compelling, is that for days after I woke up
    I had that melody in my head.

Good job Eugene!

This is absolutely delightful music. Every moment is fantastic. Your rendering is outstanding. I admit I never heard the previous version. But this is astounding. The instruments are crisp and splendidly combined. You have done a great job together with Dan's expertise. Congratulations !!
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast