• Register
  • Help

Topic: Looking for best giga solo/lead-Electric-guitar samples

Share/Bookmark

Looking for best giga solo/lead-Electric-guitar samples

Dear Giga Developers and Users,

I\'m looking for best Solo-Elec-Guitar libraries, which are contained the pre-recorded guitar-amp and guitar-effect-processing such as Distortion-guitar, OverDrive-Guitar, Clean-Guitar and Sustain-SoftChorus-Guitar, for example. I\'d like to use the guitar-sample without needed any Amp-simulation for POP, SOFT/HARD-ROCK, LATIN and JAZZ.

I know there were many discussions about it and I have owned a few of guitar-samples, But still couldn\'t produce a Realistic Solo Guitar in my composing. Especially on the overdrive or distortion Solo-Guitar rhythms with or without Fx-Amp-simulator, the result is not close to the live/real-instrument-recording at all. Anyone?

Finally, I decide to buy the good pre-recorded-eff-processing (Distortion/Overdrive) guitar-samples if there are any good? Any ideas?

I also know that there are many good guitarists in this forum, please correct me if I\'m doing some wrongs? Well, again, the purpose is try to get best realistic Solo-Elec-guitar samples. Please help!

Thanks in advances,
    Long

[This message has been edited by LHong (edited 01-06-2002).]

Re: Looking for best giga solo/lead-Electric-guitar samples

Look here http://www.northernsounds.com/ubb/NonCGI/Forum3/HTML/001652.html
    for a review of some of the guitar sets-but read the warnings well-I don\'t really do traditional rock.

Dasher

thesoundsmith,
    Thanks for sharing the review, it really be helpful. I\'m afraid that with the three Guitar Libraries, which you own still hardly produce good Solo-Rock-Guitar rhythms. It seems be required a better dynamical characteristics in the guitar samples.
    Anyone?
    Thanks again anyway,
    Long

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thesoundsmith:
    Look here http://www.northernsounds.com/ubb/NonCGI/Forum3/HTML/001652.html
    for a review of some of the guitar sets-but read the warnings well-I don\'t really do traditional rock.

Dasher
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by LHong (edited 01-06-2002).]

LHong,
    Agreed-I definitely DO NOT have a standalone rock guitar solo voice. But that was the point-keep looking, let us know if you find something you like.

Dasher

LHong:

I recommend Nick Phoenix\'s \"Quantum Leap Guitar/Bass\". This has a wide variety of electric and acoustic patches, many suitable for rock. It is an older collection, so the samples may sound a little \"dated\" but they ceratinly offer great tones, great expression and great variety for the price.

It is available from
    http://www.soundsonline.com

Good luck,

leadbelly.

Go Back to forum