• Register
  • Help

Topic: MOTU 2408 problem

Share/Bookmark

MOTU 2408 problem

I'm hoping that someone can give me the easy answer here. I'm pretty sure that there is one but I dont know what it is. I shut down my whole studio last night because there was a storm on the way. I alm ost never shutdown my 2408 mkIII breakout box. This morning, I fired up my rack with the breakout box, then proceeded to turn on my DAW and everything else. I'm not getting any sound from any applications. I know my monitors are working and all that stuff. I also heard a bit of static when I reset the breakout box once. Sort of like that out of clock range sound. THat came through the monitors a couple times for a really short burst and then nothing. Any ideas? I know I had this happen before and through some series of restrting everything, it worked again but I have now restarted everything in every combination I can think of and I'm having no luck what-so-ever. I am running Windows XP32 SP3. Thanks.

Eric

Re: MOTU 2408 problem

Have you checked the audio settings in your system and DAW?
    Maybe they have switched to internal audio out?
    As mac guy I'm not familiar with PC.

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

Is the 2408 giving you steady lights (3 of them I think, unless you have it set to meter mode) on the front panel? I guess I'm asking if the MOTU seems to be functioning normal on it's own, outside of your system. (Can't remember the exact terms for MOTU's front panel disignations at the moment.)

Mahlon

Quote Originally Posted by EricWatkins View Post
    I'm hoping that someone can give me the easy answer here. I'm pretty sure that there is one but I dont know what it is. I shut down my whole studio last night because there was a storm on the way. I alm ost never shutdown my 2408 mkIII breakout box. This morning, I fired up my rack with the breakout box, then proceeded to turn on my DAW and everything else. I'm not getting any sound from any applications. I know my monitors are working and all that stuff. I also heard a bit of static when I reset the breakout box once. Sort of like that out of clock range sound. THat came through the monitors a couple times for a really short burst and then nothing. Any ideas? I know I had this happen before and through some series of restrting everything, it worked again but I have now restarted everything in every combination I can think of and I'm having no luck what-so-ever. I am running Windows XP32 SP3. Thanks.

Eric
    Hi Eric,

Sometimes you have to refresh the driver in Motu Control Panel. Making sure its set to Internal, press refresh making sure you have it configured to your studio. If there are other devices going through your MK3, and if they are going through an ADAT, you must set that device on Clock out for that Channel as well. But it doesn't sound like it. You can also try turning the MK3 on and OFF, but it sounds like your drivers changed or need to be refreshed. Try also turning on your computer first then turn on the MK3. Finally, make sure the Firewire cord is securley in place. It could have popped out.

Good luck!
    Bond.

I've had this problem from time to time when I turn my gear off. I boot everything up and the Mac just doesn't seem to see the PCI card. Usually a few reboots, pulling firewire cables out and reinserting, etc fixes it. Last time, I actually removed the PCI card and reinserted it in a different PCI slot in the Mac and it came back.

You might try that.

Quote Originally Posted by LHall View Post
    I've had this problem from time to time when I turn my gear off. I boot everything up and the Mac just doesn't seem to see the PCI card. Usually a few reboots, pulling firewire cables out and reinserting, etc fixes it. Last time, I actually removed the PCI card and reinserted it in a different PCI slot in the Mac and it came back.

You might try that.
    Ditto what LHall said. It hasn't done it lately but for a while my Mac wasn't recognizing the card. A reboot usually fixed it but a couple of times I had to move the card to a different slot.

Go Back to forum