• Register
  • Help

Topic: Organ Romp

Share/Bookmark

Organ Romp

This is an "in your face" organ work. Don't be fooled by the almost ending.

I did this a few years ago, then forgot about it. It was one of my first attempts with the GPO organ. Might have a bit too much reverb. About 4 1/2 minutes of high tension.

Organ Romp

Not recommended if you have a heart problem.

Richard

Re: Organ Romp

Hi Richard, How could you forget this one? Quite energetic, you fooled me with the first ending, that major chord sounded like "amen". Very nice playing on this.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland View Post
    This is an "in your face" organ work. Don't be fooled by the almost ending.

I did this a few years ago, then forgot about it. It was one of my first attempts with the GPO organ. Might have a bit too much reverb. About 4 1/2 minutes of high tension.

Organ Romp

Not recommended if you have a heart problem.

Richard
    Hello Richard,

I always enjoy your contributions here with the GPO organ. This is another fine effort. I particularly enjoyed the occasional changes in direction that you have written into this. Without these, 'all-stops out' can be a little harsh on the ear after a while - but you have measured this intuitively and taken evasive action at just the right places.

Good work.

Regards,

Graham

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamKeitch View Post
    Hello Richard,

I always enjoy your contributions here with the GPO organ. This is another fine effort. I particularly enjoyed the occasional changes in direction that you have written into this. Without these, 'all-stops out' can be a little harsh on the ear after a while - but you have measured this intuitively and taken evasive action at just the right places.

Good work.

Regards,

Graham
    I especially noticed the specific rhythm pattern, that is a characteristic of this piece,

Bold and energetic, Richard,

Fred

That's pretty bold and wild stuff Richard. Unrelenting in it's attack on the ear.

I don't have a heart problem yet so I think I'm safe. But my dentist says that she'll probably be seeing me more often as I seem to be grinding my teeth from stress now.

Our choir was going to perform Faure's Requiem on Easter weekend but the director couldn't find a traditional or digital organ in Western Washington that wasn't already booked. He had to move it up two weeks to get one.

Again, an enjoyable, energetic piece.

Phil

Go Back to forum