• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: 1.03 Bug?

Share/Bookmark

1.03 Bug?

I noticed that the damper pedal icon is lit when I first launch 1.03 and the first notes I play are sounded as though the damper pedal is fully depressed - without any pedal actually being depressed. I have to pump the damper pedal once to "reset" things.

Curt

Re: 1.03 Bug?

Are You running the Beta build that Jeff posted in the thread? I haven't seen the final build yet on Garritan.biz.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

We haven't posted the final version (probably Monday). I'm pretty sure Curt is running the release candidate. If others are having this happen with the release candidate please let me know. I didn't run into it in my testing, but I'm going to try to reproduce it during the weekend. Thanks for the report.

Yup, running the beta that Jeff posted here on Thursday. This isn't a big deal and can get fixed when it gets fixed. The important thing here is that I can now start RECORDING with the Garritan Steinway!!

I couldn't be happier!

Just installed the beta - On mine, although the damper pedal is not lit it seems the that's what I'm hearing. With the standalone, using the screen keyboard it seems fine but when I use my midi keyboard it sounds damped. If I increase the velocity curve on the keyboard there's a closer match to the on screen keyboard. I don't have another install on my laptop so can't make a comparison.

I may go back to 1.02 for awhile

Fred

Exclamation Re: 1.03 Bug?

Proportional sustain pedaling not working since my upgrade to 1.03 beta. Standalone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rejean L View Post
    Proportional sustain pedaling not working since my upgrade to 1.03 beta. Standalone.

+1

However, there's no mention anywhere of intention to fix it.

As for the continuous sustain, I definitely intend to fix that feature; but you're right it's not in the change log of 1.03 (since it's not in 1.03). The feature as it stands affects the resonance only, and I need to change it to affect note release decay times as well. The change just isn't in this update, and I don't want to make people wait when they can use all the changes and fixes that are in 1.03. Once v1.03 is finalized, I'll be working on version 1.04

My particular concern right now is making sure everything new for 1.03 is working correctly, and that all the old things that used to work fine still work fine. I'm looking into the reports Curt and Fred had about the damper probably tomorrow - other than that things appear to be okay with regard to 1.03. Of course if there are any other problems, or if there's more input on this issue, I'm very interested to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hurchalla View Post
    As for the continuous sustain, I definitely intend to fix that feature;
    That's nice to know, Jeff. Thank you very much for ver 1.03.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    I noticed that the damper pedal icon is lit when I first launch 1.03 and the first notes I play are sounded as though the damper pedal is fully depressed - without any pedal actually being depressed. I have to pump the damper pedal once to "reset" things.

Curt
    Which pedal are we talking about here? To me the damper pedal is the sustain pedal, because it lifts the dampers off the strings.

It seems like a couple of later posts in the thread assume you're talking about the soft-pedal though.
    David

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast