• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sound Card Problem Gone

Share/Bookmark

Sound Card Problem Gone

Well, thanks to all the help provided on replacement cards.

The problem was solved because I got ticked off enough to shift my brain into hyperdrive and review my checking for stupid errors, and found one. Part of it was due to cramped working space, part to stupidity. All is well in my computer world -- but that will change!

Rain has begun which makes me happy.

Richard

Re: Sound Card Problem Gone

That's at least one problem sorted, can you now move on to the worlds economy and sort that
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Y'know, you can't just leave it at that. Enquiring minds want to know what the solution was.

Quote Originally Posted by rob.manderson View Post
    Y'know, you can't just leave it at that. Enquiring minds want to know what the solution was.
    Well, part of it is still a mystery. Once I corrected it by switching the front and rear speaker outputs at the sound card. But a short time later, the problem returned. The final solution was replacing a defective cable from amp to speaker. I suppose that the mystery part might be explained as coincidence or by jostling the assortment of cables, as the defective cable was intermittent, which is the hardest type of problem to find and correct. And now I am saved the cost of a new sound card. I once wired an entire radio station with less trouble than this!

Richard

I'm glad it was something so simple - and inexpensive. The world will be a much better place once we find an alternative to wires and cables.
    Paul Baker
    Baker's Jazz And More
    Austin, Texas, USA
    www.bakersjazzandmore.com

Go Back to forum