• Register
  • Help

Topic: RMX 1.7 Crashing on "Phew Phar a/b/c/d", but only in Example Groove Menus

Share/Bookmark

FIXED: RMX 1.7 Crashing on "Phew Phar a/b/c/d", but only in Example Groove Menus

RMX 1.7 is amazing! I'm really digging it...Congrats Eric and crew.

Not sure if I ever noticed this crash before: when loading "Phew Phar a" (or b, c, d) in the "Classic Stylus Groove Menu 1" Suite (DIRECTORY=Core Library>Example Groove Menus), I get a crash every time. Hosts: Live 7.0.14, Logic 8.0.2. Seems to happen in both SLICE and GROOVE modes.

Strangely, the same 4 elements load just fine from DIRECTORY=Core Library>Classic Stylus in the "55-Phew and Phar" Suite.

MacPro, Leopard 10.5.6

Definitely NOT keeping me from loving the Time Designer!!
    -Collard

Re: RMX 1.7 Crashing on "Phew Phar a/b/c/d", but only in Example Groove Menus

Yup same crash confirmed here too ive the same computer configuration as urs....

RMX 1.7.1e now vailable with fix

http://www.spectrasonics.net/updates/index.php

Wow, you guys are amazing!
    Collard

"Phew Phar a/b/c/d" now silent

When selecting these 4 elements, RMX 1.7.1.e now doesn't crash, but the elements are silent. Did I need to do the Data installer again?

Yes I can confirm this is happening to me also. I no longer get a crash selecting the loops but they are now silent. However I did get a crash when I dragged the midi file to my arrange window using the Phew Phar loops. I did this to see if the audio would play from the midi file.

Cheers,

Tinpig

Silence and crash when attempting to play the MIDI confirmed here as well. RMX 1.7.1e in slice menu mode.

Sonar 6 - WinXP32

This fix was to make sure it didn't crash. Those grooves have an ampersand character and that's messing with the software....so we're looking into it.

But the crashing issue is fixed and if you need those grooves, they of course play from the Classic Stylus directory.

Thanks for the prompt reply and I just want to say as I know many others have said before me this is a fantastic update to an already great piece music creation software.

Cheers,

Tinpig

Wow Eric u guyz r blazingly fast tnx for the quick update.God Bless.TC

Go Back to forum