• Register
  • Help

Topic: installing on a new 64 bit machine

Share/Bookmark

installing on a new 64 bit machine

How do you go about installing all of the content that originally came with RMX on a new 64 bit vista machine?

Do you just install the original disks and then install the update?

Not sure of the correct order to complete the installation.

Thanks for any help...giga

Re: installing on a new 64 bit machine

I just installed on a Newer Mac Pro for the first time, and first installed RMX from the 2 install DVD's, and then applied the software and soundsource updates.

Piece of cake.
    "International Award Winning Arabic Fusion"
    www.ajmusiconline.com

2xMac Pro 2.66, OS 10.4.9,Pro Tools 7.4.8,Waves Plat,Altiverb
    4xVisionDaw PC,NI Komplete, All Play 1.2.5 Libraries

Were you able to get your update installed and working? I am also installing onto a new vista 64 bit. I cannot seem to get it right. After installing the 2 RMX installer disks, I have the program in both Sonar8 and FL8 no problem. However after installing the 1.7 update my libraries disappear. I have checked the support on Spectrasonics and followed all directions yet still no libraries. I have uninstalled and re installed numerous times now double checking that I have not made any errors and am at my wits end. I called and left message for Spectrasonics but have not heard back. If you have it working and have any insight I would greatly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by mrobey614 View Post
    Were you able to get your update installed and working? I am also installing onto a new vista 64 bit. I cannot seem to get it right. After installing the 2 RMX installer disks, I have the program in both Sonar8 and FL8 no problem. However after installing the 1.7 update my libraries disappear...
    I'm sure Customer Support will get back to you soon. In the meantime, make sure you install the v1.7 Data download (in addition to the v1.7 Software download). If you install only the Software download, the libraries will "disappear". You must download and run both Data and Software. That is true for both Mac and Windows.

If you run the Data installer, and the libraries are still not visible in RMX, then double-check the FAQ guidance at http://support.spectrasonics.net/viewtopic.php?t=44

The key thing is to make sure you have a shortcut (called an Alias on Mac) pointing to your actual SAGE folder. The shortcut must be named SAGE and must be located exactly at this location:

Vista: C:\Program Data\Spectrasonics\SAGE

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spectrasonics\SAGE

Mac: <user>/Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics/SAGE

To run v1.7, you must have a shortcut at that location (differs for XP vs Vista) that points to your actual SAGE folder (which could be anywhere, depending on where you installed it from DVD). Of course, no shortcut is needed if the actual SAGE folder is already in that exact location.

If you run the Data installer, and RMX still cannot find the libaries, you can manually create the shortcut as follows (Windows only): Use Windows Explorer, right-click on the actual SAGE folder and select "Create Shortcut". Then drag the newly created shortcut (it will have an arrow in its folder icon, and its name will be "SAGE") into one of the "Spectrasonics" folders named above (in blue). Do not drag the actual SAGE folder. After creating the shortcut, right-click on it and select "Properties" to verify that its "target" is the actual SAGE folder.

All this manual shortcut work should be done automatically for you by the V1.7 Data Installer. So you should run the v1.7 Data installer and try it first. You will only have to mess with the shortcuts in the Explorer if the Data installer is not working for you.

Thank you very much!!!!! With your post I was able to figure out that I was putting the files in Program Files Folder not Program Data Folder. I was not seeing the Program Data Folder because it is hidden by default. I ended up calling Microsoft for Vista support to find this file. As you can see I am new to Vista. Once I changed the default so that I could see my Program Data Folder, I placed my Sage data there and moved my shortcut to the Program Files/Spectrasonics folder. Everything is working now and I am excited to play with it.

Thanks a million!!

Go Back to forum