• Register
  • Help

Topic: RMX 1.7 Didn't install

Share/Bookmark

RMX 1.7 Didn't install

I downloaded the Update and the Data Installer and instlaled then but when I load Stylus the update isn't there.

The site says I have to re-regesiter but I don't see where.

Anybody?

Re: RMX 1.7 Didn't install

I have installed 1.7, but am not getting a prompt to obtain/enter a challenge code.

Help?

Make sure the version that loads is in fact 1.7
    Bottom right hand corner next to trigger mode is a pulldown.
    At the bottom it tells you the version you are running.

Did you try to reboot?
    Mac OSX 6 / Logic 9 / Cubase 5 / Ableton / Omnisphere / Stylus Rmx / Trillion / Komplete / Groove Agent / Kontrol 49 / UC 33e / Euphonix MC Mix n Control

I did try rebooting.

It is the older version that's loading.

I installed the update on my C: drive and the data installer on my E: drive. (E:\Programs\Spectrasonics\SAGE)

Which bring up something that I have never understood. I've installed all of my libraries on the E: drive (with the VSTs on the C:. But I notice that there is both a SAGE and STEAM fodler that was created in the C:\Programs\Spectrasonics\ folder after installation. The folders have a little icon on them - I guess that is indicating that they are duplicates. Not sure, though.

Are my spectrasonics libraries being read from the E:\ drive (they do give that option upon installation)?

Also in the RMX data installer installation, the program detected that those libraries are on the E:\ drive so I choose that defaut.

Should I install the data installer on the C:\ drive instead?

This probably an issue with your host. When you choose the folder where you want to install any VST plugin, you must ensure that your host is configured to look in that folder for plugins. For example, your host probably has a preference to specify this folder. Whenever you install any VST plugin, choose that folder as the install location for the plugin.

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    This probably an issue with your host. When you choose the folder where you want to install any VST plugin, you must ensure that your host is configured to look in that folder for plugins. For example, your host probably has a preference to specify this folder. Whenever you install any VST plugin, choose that folder as the install location for the plugin.

- Glenn
    I use Sonar. It does see RMX in my VST list and version 1.7 does install to the Steinberg VST folder (where the .dll file is). I tried rescanning but still get the same result - version 1.5 only.

Oh well, I have a ticket into tech support. Thanks, though.

Same issue happened to me. I'm pretty sure you got multiple copies of StylusRMX.dll file in your system. Do a file search for that file and on the results right click and select 'properties'. Look at the version of each result and copy the 1.7 over the older ones. It's not the cleaner solution but the quickest

Quote Originally Posted by zeruyo View Post
    Same issue happened to me. I'm pretty sure you got multiple copies of StylusRMX.dll file in your system. Do a file search for that file and on the results right click and select 'properties'. Look at the version of each result and copy the 1.7 over the older ones. It's not the cleaner solution but the quickest
    That was it. Thank you very much.

WOW!! The time transposition feature is amazing. Now I no longer have to feel like I am living in a world that is 6/8-ist.

Go Back to forum