• Register
  • Help

Topic: Rather strange - installing Steinway

Share/Bookmark

Rather strange - installing Steinway

Along the road of installation issues, the program asks you the point the directory where to put the VST plugs. I do so and still I get a sub-directory Garritan, rather unexpected. So for Overture I have to drag those two .dll's to the parent directory. Should NOT be the case. When I tell to install it in the directory VSTPLUGS then no sub-directory should be made.

Raymond

Re: Rather strange - installing Steinway

Hi Raymond,

So long as the dll files are contained within a vstplugins directory, they should be indexed during a scan. At least, the VST hosts I'm aware of have the ability to automatically scan subdirectories (subfolders help keep things organized). Is Overture not doing this properly?

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs View Post
    Hi Raymond,

So long as the dll files are contained within a vstplugins directory, they should be indexed during a scan. At least, the VST hosts I'm aware of have the ability to automatically scan subdirectories (subfolders help keep things organized). Is Overture not doing this properly?
    No. All VST plugs must be in the same directory and any sub-directory can't be found. I didn't expect any sub-directories while installing.

Raymond

Most of the VSTi plugins on my system usually install themselves under their company folders even though I told them to use the top folder. I think this helps with organization especially when you have large amounts of VSTi's.

I know in Sonar there are limitations to the amount of VST's that the menus can display. Having sub-folders helps get around this issue.

So I don't consider the creation of a sub folder with the Garritan name as a bug. As you mentioned, you can move the .dll around to where you want it.

Jim

Go Back to forum