• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: 1.7 Looks Fantastic! But no directories show up.

Share/Bookmark

1.7 Looks Fantastic! But no directories show up.

... but to test it out I could use a little help fixing the fact that none of the directories show up in the browser. I read the FAQ titled "No Directories Available, what's wrong?" However, my directories all seem to match what is described in the FAQ. Somehow RMX is still looking in the wrong place. Any ideas? Can't wait to get started.
    Tobias

Re: 1.7 Looks Fantastic! But no directories show up.

Spectrasonics customer support is the place to go for help on this issue. Also, post http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...422#post610422 may have some information that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by noleander View Post
    Spectrasonics customer support is the place to go for help on this issue. Also, post http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...422#post610422 may have some information that helps.
    Thanks. I double checked the actions on this thread you referenced.

No ideas from anyone else before I contact support?

I think that item is already listed as FAQ on the support page neal was sending you too.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Quote Originally Posted by zvenx View Post
    I think that item is already listed as FAQ on the support page neal was sending you too.
    rsp
    Yep. Been there, done that. There is something else wrong. I have a call into support.

sorry.
    there is a 1.7.1 e posted that may take care of it.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Quote Originally Posted by zvenx View Post
    sorry.
    there is a 1.7.1 e posted that may take care of it.
    rsp
    Rats.... that did not fix it. There has to be some config/XML file i can edit to fix how it finds my SAGE directory. All the softlinks point in the right direction. All the components that are supposed to be there are there.

Tobias

Fixed

Looks like the link was wrong. When I hovered over the link Windows said it was E:\SAGE (correct); but when I right clicked the link and went to properties it said: E:\SAGE\SAGE Libraries. I edited the properties and it now works. Strange how it got that way...
    Toby
    Tobias
    San Diego, CA
    USA

I have just updated to Stylus RMX 1.7, using it in Cubase 5.

My RMX data files are located not at the default location (I do not like that), but at D:\Stylus RMX DATA\SAGE\ and it always worked perfectly on Windows PC.

With RMX 1.7 after running the authorization process, I restarted and it said "please locate your sage folder" or so.
    I located the D:\Stylus RMX DATA\ (but not clicked on the SAGE), then got the message - "the link has been established, restart RMX"

Ok, I restarted, but the problem is that RMX 1.7 can not find any of the library element in directory dropdowns at RMX interface. So it obviously can not see the folders.

I have checked this knowledge base topic:
    http://support.spectrasonics.net/viewtopic.php?t=44

None of my files are missing, and the non-default location always worked like charm with previous version of RMX.

Re-installing the 1.7 did not succeed, even not with the new StylusWinInstaller171e.exe. It does not ask for the path again.

I do not understand, why there is no standard uninstall possibility of RMX.

Also tried to delete:
    * all Stylus RMX-connected registry settings (even I found a registry key which stored the RIGHT D:\Stylus RMX DATA\SAGE path),
    * deleted the dll from the VSTplugins folder,
    * also deleteted the original Program Files/Spectrasonics folder,
    but NO LUCK again - new install does not ask for path connection.

Then started from the scratch and fully reinstalled the RMX 1.5.1 from the DVD, hoping it will overwrite everything.. well it does not, no directories show up!

I'd like to avoid a full Windows reinstall as I spent 8 hours installing Komplete 5....

Please help what to do.. I'd like to use the new RMX!

Thanks!

The FAQ at www.spectrasonics.net customer support covers the situation you are describing. To reiterate the key point: If your groove directories are not showing up in RMX that almost certainly means that your SAGE shortcut is missing or incorrect. The shortcut must refer to the actual SAGE folder. The shortcut must be located as follows:

RMX v1.7 XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spectrasonics\SAGE

RMX v1.7 Vista: C:\Program Data\Spectrasonics\SAGE

Mac (all versions): <user>/Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics/SAGE

RMX v1.5 Windows: C:\Program Files\Spectrasonics\SAGE

After creating the shortcut, double-check it by right-clicking on it and selecting Properties. If you store the actual SAGE folder in the above-listed location, then no shortcut is needed.

Go Back to forum