• Register
  • Help

Topic: things are going down in value..

Share/Bookmark

things are going down in value..

look at this (terminated) ebay auction

some things are really going down in value...
    from 1399$ (price in 2002) to 16.5 € on ebay in 2009...

Re: things are going down in value..

A few things that might account for the deflated value of GOS: it's about to be superceded by GOS2, GigaStudio itself has been discontinued and the library is just naturally out of date. The technical standards of 2009 allow for many more possibilities than those of 2002.

I think it was GIGA also, a discontinued sampler.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Buck View Post
    A few things that might account for the deflated value of GOS: it's about to be superceded by GOS2, GigaStudio itself has been discontinued and the library is just naturally out of date. The technical standards of 2009 allow for many more possibilities than those of 2002.
    No telling how far off we are from GOS2.
    I guess if you make money using samples, GOS is outdated.
    If that was a U.S. auction, I'm all over it. I have GOSLite and for a hobbyist those GS2 libraries are still a treasure.

This may not reflect the decline in library prices as much as possible piracy. Ebay is notorious for this. There have been instances where people thought they were buying a legitimate copy on Ebay only to get an unworkable nonfunctioning pirated copy. Please note that any transfers of GOS require our approval and we have not had such a request lately. Be careful buying sample libraries on Ebay.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    This may not reflect the decline in library prices as much as possible piracy. Ebay is notorious for this. There have been instances where people thought they were buying a legitimate copy on Ebay only to get an unworkable nonfunctioning pirated copy. Please note that any transfers of GOS require our approval and we have not had such a request lately. Be careful buying sample libraries on Ebay.

Gary
    It would be nice if you made the GOS for Giga available again as a download. Unfortunately I couldn't take advantage of the previous offer a few years ago.

I still treasure GS2 libraries.

Go Back to forum