• Register
  • Help

Topic: Fellow ASCAP members - an eSession experiment

Share/Bookmark

Fellow ASCAP members - an eSession experiment

I'm a member of ASCAP, and have been poking around the eSession part of ASCAP's site. It looks like an extremely cool set of tools for people to collaborate through. Songs can be worked on, from the writing stage on through recording and mixing. It looks like it would make online collaboration much less cumbersome than dealing with emails, separate storage sites etc.

While "Dorian" continues to be promoted and developed, I need to get in gear writing a new stage musical. I'll be looking for a collaborator this time, primarily looking for a lyricist and book writer.

Once I set up a collaboration with someone, I hope we can use eSession to conduct the work.

Meanwhile, I'd like to test out the eSession tools - SO, if there's an ASCAP member here who's also curious about working with eSession, respond here, or use the email link under my name to get in touch with me. Don't use the PM link - my inbox is always full of messages I don't want to throw out.

Randy B.

Re: Fellow ASCAP members - an eSession experiment

Randy,

You can back up your private message cache in excel or text file format to your hard drive, thus enabling you to delete them from the server. Go to the "Edit My Profile" link, click on "List Messages" on the left hand side menu, and scroll to the bottom of the page. Down slightly right of center will be something that says "Download all Private Messages as:" followed by three options.

Reegs

yeeeeeeeeeeah, thanks, Reegs - I knew I could save them. I just live in my email all day and would rather have correspondence right in there. Quirky me.

Randy

bump - Experimenting with the eSession tools wouldn't have to involve a big, complicated project. I just need to see how the whole thing works, spend a little time with it along with someone else to share files with.

AND apparently you don't have to be an ASCAP member to use this - there may be a fee involved if you're not?---I don't know for sure, but I think that with me as the instigator of the project, and as an ASCAP member, I can invite someone into an eSession without a fee - We can find out.

So, think about it. A few hours of tinkering with this and we'll find out how the whole eSession thing works.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    yeeeeeeeeeeah, thanks, Reegs - I knew I could save them. I just live in my email all day and would rather have correspondence right in there. Quirky me.

Randy

You could copy them into individual emails and email yourself with them with suitable subject lines that identify them.

HAhhahaha, oh man=--I keep running here to see if the Topic is being responded to.--Thanks, Alan for the tip. I guess the point is I don't care for the PM thing--I'd always much rather have email. PM I find inconvenient, I suppose I should just save all the messages and turn the thing off. BUt some people are reluctant to write directly the first time, so I leave space always for One PM message in case someone's trying to get me.

MEANwhile---I sure wish someone would investigate this eSession thing with me. It really looks slick, one site location for working on an entire project, whatever it may be--songwriting, or co-producing a recording - Much easier than stringing together Box uploads, emails etc.

Randy

Go Back to forum