• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Dreams of Passion (Garritan Steinway 1.03)

Dreams of Passion (Garritan Steinway 1.03)

Hi everyone!! How are you friends?. It´s nice to have returned again. It has been a long time since my last post (november). I´ve been doing a lot of things, among then, studying Tchaikosky piano concerto and travelling. But i´ve been waiting eagerly the garritan update and finally i installed it. I´m very glad that the annoying sound using the sustain resonance gone and the other improvements.

This piece is a short remembrance of an old movie theme (any dramatic and intense old movie), for this reason i titled it: "Dreams of Passion".

Re: Dreams of Passion (Garritan Steinway 1.03)

Very very nice. You did a wonderful job on this Victor.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

Wonderful piece and good to hear/ see you back.

There is some distortion though at :58 and then from 1:10 - 1:14 in the right ear. I'm pretty sure it is in your mix and not just in my headphones.

But you do have a great style of playing and this one is noe exception

Well done

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

Hi Hippie and Ron, thanks for your comments. Yes Ron, you are right about this distortion, it was the emotion of the moment with this update (it was a vey looong wait and i was very anxious), because i recorded it live as soon as i installed the software and i played it improvising at the keyboard, and i did´nt set the recording volume in a proper level... sorry. I´m glad you enjoyed it!.

This is outstanding music, written absolutely masterfully. I adored this very much, thank you.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Really really liked it!

Can you tell me which Garritan Steinway package you used? I'm currently considering purchasing the Garritan Steinway, but am unsure as to which type is best suited for my needs (Basic, Standard, Pro).

Dreamy piece, indeed. Very well written and played
    on the 1.03 update.

It's nice to have you and your music back with us
    again. Stay awhile even though you are studying
    Tchaikowsky and travelling. Nice way to pass the
    hours in this life...........

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Central Illinois

Hi Victor, this is very nice. So nice that I was moved to download it and convert it back into a wav file that I used a little compression on to lower those peaks of audio. I just kept them out of the red to avoid the bit of distortion Ron wrote about. If you want to hear your song here is the link to it:

I really enjoyed your playing on this and share your love and enthusiasm for the Garritan Steinway! John

Good to see you back here in the listening room,
    with this fantastic piece and playing!

As always it was much enjoyed!

Muchas gracias!

Hi again, i´ve been enjoying playing with this update all the afternoon , is marvelous can use the resonance sustain.

Thanks LouisD, i´m pleased you enjoyed it!.

Jack hi!, i´m glad to be here again, thanks for your kind words!. I´s a pleasure to belong to this forum and your words are a motivation.

Hi Sherei, i used version pro, close perspective (for me the best perspective).

Thanks John for tried to help me, i tried to fix the distortion and i couldn´t.

Yudit how many time!, es un placer saber de ti de nuevo. You know i like a lot the romantic style, and because i´m studying Tchaikovsky (a conductor and violinist friend asked me it) and i´m very inspired.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast