• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bela D Media Vocal Libraries Question...

Share/Bookmark

Bela D Media Vocal Libraries Question...

I own Giovanni and can't think of another boys/girls choir that is as playable and beautiful as this. And this week with the annoucment of Native Voice, it's made me go back and look at the other vocal libraries they have.

From what Francis has explained here I understand (or think I understand) about the Vocal Tools (Soprano and Tenor) but what I'm a bit confused about is how Vocal Tools Soprano compares or is different to Diva Revamp.

And the other question I have is that BelaD says that the DLV products (the ones you can download) are special LE versions of the full product. You can buy a DVD of Diva Revamp but both of the Vocal Tools (Soprano and Tenor) are only available as a download??

Can anyone clear this up? Francis?

Thanks!

Re: Bela D Media Vocal Libraries Question...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamawake View Post
    I own Giovanni and can't think of another boys/girls choir that is as playable and beautiful as this. And this week with the annoucment of Native Voice, it's made me go back and look at the other vocal libraries they have.
    Thank you for the kind words about The Giovani Edition – Voices of the Young. If I may, I will take this opportunity to inform that there will be a free update to Gio that will include advanced scripting. The need for VCU (Vocal Control Utility) will no longer be necessary as the update will VT (Vocal Tools) the product.

From what Francis has explained here I understand (or think I understand) about the Vocal Tools (Soprano and Tenor) but what I'm a bit confused about is how Vocal Tools Soprano compares or is different to Diva Revamp.
    DIVA Revamp is an update to the original DIVA Classical Female Soloists bundle. DIVA Revamp is the complete bundle updated and scripted for $50.00 less then the cost of the original. Now there’s a concept, huh? Take a 5 year old product, improve it and sell it for less.

Vocal Tools Soprano and Tenor are the most sophisticated and affordable vocal products we have released to date. Nothing on the solo voice market comes close to what has been achieved with Vocal Tools. I am not referring to tone or style of vocalists. That is always subject to opinion and need. I am referring to the command of control put into the hands of the composer. Please feel free to download each user’s guide as they will explain in detail. DIVA Revamp only touches on the power of the VT script.

And the other question I have is that BelaD says that the DLV products (the ones you can download) are special LE versions of the full product. You can buy a DVD of Diva Revamp but both of the Vocal Tools (Soprano and Tenor) are only available as a download??
    VT Soprano and Tenor are not LE versions. They are individual downloads of the pending full version of Vocal Tools Classical Edition. When we say, “Full version”, we simply mean the remaining singers to be release that will complete the “Classical Edition”.

DIVA Revamp is available via download or hard copy. There is no difference between the two.

Bela D Media DLV Program

Thank you,
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media View Post
    Thank you for the kind words about The Giovani Edition – Voices of the Young. If I may, I will take this opportunity to inform that there will be a free update to Gio that will include advanced scripting. The need for VCU (Vocal Control Utility) will no longer be necessary as the update will VT (Vocal Tools) the product.
    Any timescale on that Francis.

I hopefully have Giovani winging its way to me right now. I don't really like installing MIDI routers, but for Giovani I was going to bite the bullet and install MIDI-yoke. If this update is anywhere on the horizon then I'll wait to install it.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    Any timescale on that Francis.

I hopefully have Giovani winging its way to me right now. I don't really like installing MIDI routers, but for Giovani I was going to bite the bullet and install MIDI-yoke. If this update is anywhere on the horizon then I'll wait to install it.
    Giovani was produced before scripting was available but is not completely necessary to install VCU. Everything can be done in manual mode via KS'ing. Not as sexy but works just as well. See the guide. Keep an eye on the BDM user forum for news about the update. Of course, it will only be available to registered user.
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Can anyone clear this up? Francis?

Thanks!
    As an owner of both DIVA Revamp and the Soprano I thought I'd chime in with my experience. Both products are fantastic vocal sample libraries but differ with their use. DIVA has been second to none for creating atmosphere, harmony, backup, etc. using a female vocal. It is actually so well done that it has been used successfully as a female lead (using just the standard vowels).

Now take that idea and inject an insane amount of steroids. That's the Soprano (and Tenor alike). Now you've got a female vocal singer not bound by singing just vowels. You can create REAL phrases that sound 100% like a vocal lead singing lyrics. BeldaDMedia did a great job of creating vocal elements with a very Latin/Gregorian sound. You put the elements together yourself and you get a very convincing "foreign language" part.

Now of course you add the two together and you really have something special. You can create a phrase with the Soprano and also switch over to DIVA to hold vowel sounds longer with varying amounts of vibrato. I'm not sure if it is the same singer in both DIVA and Soprano but they sound very much alike and complement each other perfectly.

Hope that helps
    JP Garbarini
    http://www.musicbyjpg.com

"A man who is paid to do what he enjoys never works a day in his life." -- Chinese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JPGarbarini View Post
    As an owner of both DIVA Revamp and the Soprano I thought I'd chime in with my experience. Both products are fantastic vocal sample libraries but differ with their use. DIVA has been second to none for creating atmosphere, harmony, backup, etc. using a female vocal. It is actually so well done that it has been used successfully as a female lead (using just the standard vowels).

Now take that idea and inject an insane amount of steroids. That's the Soprano (and Tenor alike). Now you've got a female vocal singer not bound by singing just vowels. You can create REAL phrases that sound 100% like a vocal lead singing lyrics. BeldaDMedia did a great job of creating vocal elements with a very Latin/Gregorian sound. You put the elements together yourself and you get a very convincing "foreign language" part.

Now of course you add the two together and you really have something special. You can create a phrase with the Soprano and also switch over to DIVA to hold vowel sounds longer with varying amounts of vibrato. I'm not sure if it is the same singer in both DIVA and Soprano but they sound very much alike and complement each other perfectly.

Hope that helps

JP,

Thanks!! Yes actually your explanation makes the difference REALLY clear to me...

And yes BelaD makes some really amazing stuff...better sounding than some libraries 2 to 3 times their price.

Dreamawake

Sorry to review an old thread.

Question about the LE versions of "Giovani Edition"".

I know with them you get only one of the children's choirs (boy choir or girl's choir), rather than getting them both, as in the full edition.

Is there also any other difference or limitation though?

Yes, there are differences declared. Just keep in mind that boys LE + girls LE are not full Giovani Edition.

Go Back to forum