• Register
  • Help

Topic: Controller List Not Showing

Share/Bookmark

Controller List Not Showing

I think that the version 1 of the Kontakt player for the JABB library is not completely compatible with Vista and or Sonar 7 because when I want to draw cc controllers, on a track in Sonar's piano roll window, the controller list does not show up in the pop up combo box. When I installed Kontakt 2 of the JABB library this list shows up as expected! Anyone experienced this situation?

Re: Controller List Not Showing

Hi, ronboykin - Is this an old post? I remember you and I talked about this problem on another thread, but just now I couldn't find it -

Randy B.

Kontakt 2 VSTi has never shown in controller list in any version of Sonar I have. Only the DXi version had the controllers. It's possible you were using the DXi instead of VSTi before.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    Kontakt 2 VSTi has never shown in controller list in any version of Sonar I have. Only the DXi version had the controllers. It's possible you were using the DXi instead of VSTi before.

Jim
    Ah! That's interesting, Jim. I got so used to not having the controller list in previous versions of Sonar, it really wasn't a problem to type in the ones I needed.

In the current Sonar 8, there are the multiple controller panes available, which helps immensely - but when choosing a Controller---still need to type in the number. Odd.

But I haven't tried using the DXi versions of the Garritan files for a long time--they were really problematic, was frantic at first, until someone at the Sonar board clued me in that the VST version was what one needs to stick with.

Randy

I keep the handy JABB chart next to my computer with the controller reference. I'm not sure who did this a couple years ago but I find it works great. A search in the Garritan forums here should bring the topic up with it.

Jim

Yea, I don't mean to sound redundant on this subject but I have to type in the controller numbers when I'm using JABB/Kontakt 2 Player!.

"...I have to type in the controller numbers when I'm using JABB/Kontakt 2 Player!..."

----Right, that's what we established on this thread, ronboykin. For unknown reasons, when using JABB, GPO, CMB - Any of the Garritan Libraries playing inside KP2, you need to type in the controller you want to work with. It's odd, as I said before, but it's not a big hassle - in fact it's faster than scrolling through a menu to find what you want.

Randy B.

Go Back to forum