• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omni/RMX Aux sends/returns

Share/Bookmark

Omni/RMX Aux sends/returns

Now I know that this isn't a bug, it's a feature, but I'm wondering how you folks handle the Aux in Omni.
    It also applies to Stylus RMX and I expect it'll be the same for Trilian too.

If I have a selection of patches in the Omni mixer, I usually set them to Out A, Out B, Out C and so on.
    Now the manual states that the Out A is the main out for these synths.

Let's say that I have an arp patch routed to Out D and apply a bit of reverb to it on Aux B, then the return of the reverb comes through Out A.

So, if you have a patch assigned to Out A, it is mixed with all the Aux return signals.
    For me I find it a bit awkward when it comes to mixing a song, setting the levels by soloing individual tracks first, and then finding the returns are unbalancing the mix.

How do you guys work?
    Do you assign your patches from B, C etc and simply leave Out A as the return?

Taking this a stage further, if a song is at the final mixing stage, say in Cubase
    Each track is on it's own mixer channel strip.
    If I want to apply a bit of eq for instance to the patch on OUT A, then I'll be adding eq to all the aux returns won't I?

Neil
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Re: Omni/RMX Aux sends/returns

I asked Spectrum some time a go if they could make a video tutorial
    showing how to incorporate Omnisphere in a real song using the patches and multis of Omni and setting the different outs, aux, and routing everything...etc...I still think this is a good idea.

Take a look at this one for RMX....it's basically the same idea for Omnisphere:

http://support.spectrasonics.net/ins...te_Outputs.php

The request to have the FX returns assignable to their own output is on the wishlist.

Thanks for that Eric - been a while since I last watched the RMX videos - consider my wrist slapped !!

Neil
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Quote Originally Posted by NeilB View Post
    ...applies to Stylus RMX

How do you guys work?
    Do you assign your patches from B, C etc and simply leave Out A as the return?

Neil
    I don't know about Cubase but in Live I'll create corresponding audio tracks to recieve the output starting with B C and D,etc. coming from Stylus RMX(none of the parts in RMX are assigned to output A). That leaves the original track where RMX was initially inserted as the only output for A from RMX which presumably represents the sum of all the aux busses.

Go Back to forum