• Register
  • Help

Topic: Rock of Ages (Test demo of new software)

Rock of Ages (Test demo of new software)

UPDATE: Please remove this post, I have re-posted this in the other listening room to comply with the Garritan forum rules.

Hello again...

I am still working on my previous project (The Last Warrior) but, in the meantime, I've recently gotten some new software and 2 new libraries and I wanted to give them a "test" run so, I put together this small .56 second demo.

At this point in the demo, NONE of the instruments or libraries are GPO. The acoustic guitar is played live by me and ALL other instruments and sounds have been taken from other, and my newest libraries. The lead guitar is also from the new library but it is played by me using my UMX25 keyboard. Feedback is welcome.

Thank you,

Aeon Six

Last edited by Aeon Six; 03-13-2009 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Update

Re: Rock of Ages (Test demo of new software)

Hi Larry G.,

Thanks for pointing that out to me. I'm not sure if you missed any of the posts on my previous thread (The Last Warrior) with the confusion as to whether or not any GPO instruments or samples were used in my previous post. I didn't want to mislead anyone or add more confusion to the issue so, that is why I stated NONE of the instruments (thus far) or samples from libraries, were GPO.

As DP Dan and other members of the forum stated, "As long as the people here now know that your recording consists of mainly other libraries, people will be able to make more honest comments and compliments about your music."

And also from GrahamKeitch, "I think as long as one is clear about what has been used, rules become less important and people will be more understanding. Otherwise, some might think there is a deliberate intention to deceive."

Forgive my forwardness but, I have (to the best of my knowledge) heard several other compositions on this forum that, judging from listening to them, I am unable to distinguish any relative GPO sounds.

However, I do understand this IS the Garritan portion of the forums and "...This section is for Garritan library users helping other Garritan library users. We ask that if you post music here that at it uses some of the sounds of our libraries. This makes sense since it is a Garritan Forum and we want to focus on our user's music..."

So, keeping that, and what other members have said from my previous post, in mind, and hopefully not starting another 164 page thread, rehashing the same subject, I thank you again for bringing this to my attention.

Aeon Six

Re: Rock of Ages (Test demo of new software)

It is great you are writing compositions but the place for this post is here:

NorthernSounds Listening Room
    (click the link above this line)

There any sound library can be used and is welcome. When you have significantly added Garritan Library Samples then you could display them here and ask for comments and criticisms.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Go Back to forum