• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Topic: Distortion Guitar Samples help please

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Distortion Guitar Samples help please

    Hi everybody))I hope someone will help me to choose the right one..
    I`m on the market now for distortion guitar samples library.Just to clarify things,I don`t want clean guitar samples with Amplitube or Guitar Rig processing just because of sustain-
    clean guitar sound fades out as clean guitar sound supposed to, and any of software distortion, overdrive and so FX don`t add any sustain to original sound.Musically speaking, this combo (clean sound plus FX) sounds distorted but doesn`t sing(long enough)for me.
    I don`t like the sound of LPC distortion and Vienna Opus overdrive.
    It leaves me a very few choices, and that`s what I want to ask you-I`ll start from the bottom of my preferences-

    3.Chris Hein blues distorted guitar-sounds OK for me, the question- listed in articulations as 2string funk bend-I`ve listened to mp3 demos, and there are short bends only, -are there long 2strings bends in a library?
    I need lots of them for my music.
    2.Prominy Fender- closer to what I want.Is it clean or already recorded distorted?Is it like LPC, clean and distorted?
    1.Absolutely shoked by Lyrical Distortion demo **Lyrical Direct Exposed** by Theo Krueger.
    But their website is absolute confusion..Some demoes of other guitars sound clean, and I couldn`t find out,wich guitar recorded distorted and wich is clean.
    How easy is to create a track like in the demo mentioned?
    Is there one patch only?How many controllers used and wich ones?What about other guitars ( like LD100Proof)
    Are they the same playable?What the difference in articulation?What am I missing, if I choose a $79 gunslinger instead of $259 Lyrical Direct?
    Is it downloadable product?
    If someone owns any of those libraries, can you give me some info please?
    Thanks)

  2. #2

    Re: Distortion Guitar Samples help please

    Quote Originally Posted by arncliffe View Post
    Hi everybody))I hope someone will help me to choose the right one..
    I`m on the market now for distortion guitar samples library.Just to clarify things,I don`t want clean guitar samples with Amplitube or Guitar Rig processing just because of sustain-
    clean guitar sound fades out as clean guitar sound supposed to, and any of software distortion, overdrive and so FX don`t add any sustain to original sound.Musically speaking, this combo (clean sound plus FX) sounds distorted but doesn`t sing(long enough)for me.
    I don`t like the sound of LPC distortion and Vienna Opus overdrive.
    It leaves me a very few choices, and that`s what I want to ask you-I`ll start from the bottom of my preferences-

    3.Chris Hein blues distorted guitar-sounds OK for me, the question- listed in articulations as 2string funk bend-I`ve listened to mp3 demos, and there are short bends only, -are there long 2strings bends in a library?
    I need lots of them for my music.
    2.Prominy Fender- closer to what I want.Is it clean or already recorded distorted?Is it like LPC, clean and distorted?
    1.Absolutely shoked by Lyrical Distortion demo **Lyrical Direct Exposed** by Theo Krueger.
    But their website is absolute confusion..Some demoes of other guitars sound clean, and I couldn`t find out,wich guitar recorded distorted and wich is clean.
    How easy is to create a track like in the demo mentioned?
    Is there one patch only?How many controllers used and wich ones?What about other guitars ( like LD100Proof)
    Are they the same playable?What the difference in articulation?What am I missing, if I choose a $79 gunslinger instead of $259 Lyrical Direct?
    Is it downloadable product?
    If someone owns any of those libraries, can you give me some info please?
    Thanks)
    I have Gunslinger ADi and LDi100 proof, so they are the Direct input version. like Lyrical Direct, they do exist in the already Amped version: Lyrical Distortion, LD100 proof and Gunslinger AD. I assume they are programmed the same way (But this is an assumption...).

    The gunslinger AD is 2 guitar instruments. It offers Sustain, Powerchord sustain, Palm mute, powerchord palm mute, hammer-ons and Palm mute hammer-ons articulations, accessible via Keyswitches.

    The LD100 proof, is a light version (less articulations) of Lyrical Distortion, but still very well detailed. It has the same type of articulations of Gunslinger AD, but with extras, like Hammer-on powerchords, fret and finger noise releases, super fast palm mute ups and downs, guitar FX, etc. It is 3 multis (one with the 2 guitars together and 2 for the separate guitars). The multis, even the one with the 2 guitars can be controled via one midi channel (or 2 if you want to double track differently), with the keyswitches and the mod-wheel. This is a very playable piece of work and you can achieve a great level of realism with it, thanks to the great samples, programming and the 4 X round robin.

    Lyrical Direct or Lyrical Distortion is the full product. I know it offer a lot more articulations and flexibility. There is even a way to set it to get a 4 guitar rythm section (for a wall of sound type thing).

    Personnally, I prefer the to use a amp simulator with Direct guitar samples. But either way, they do offer both versions and they are great guitar samples. I think you can't go wrong with Lyrical distortion products. I know they also have a Les Paul in the work.

    Anyway, Aaron, from Lyrical Distortion, is a regular on this Forum. He can probably answer the questions that I couldn't.

  3. #3

    Re: Distortion Guitar Samples help please

    Quote Originally Posted by arncliffe View Post
    I`m on the market now for distortion guitar samples library.Just to clarify things,I don`t want clean guitar samples with Amplitube or Guitar Rig processing just because of sustain-
    clean guitar sound fades out as clean guitar sound supposed to, and any of software distortion, overdrive and so FX don`t add any sustain to original sound.
    You should check out CoreGuitar Strawberry electric guitar samples by Orange Tree Samples.

    While it is sampled directly from the output of the guitar, it is specifically designed to be used with guitar amp/cab sims and other effects. The guitar sampled, which is a humbucker guitar, has very long sustain and extremely low noise levels, making it perfect for adding distortion. Check out a few audio demos:

    http://www.orangetreesamples.com/audio/Wicked.mp3
    http://www.orangetreesamples.com/aud...ry-collage.mp3
    http://www.orangetreesamples.com/audio/SteveMorsels.mp3

    The library is intuitive to play from a keyboard and easy to sequence with. You can go from playing a rhythm part to a lead complete with legato articulations within the same instance with no keyswitches.
    Greg Schlaepfer
    Orange Tree Samples
    Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

  4. #4

    Re: Distortion Guitar Samples help please

    You could also add loop points if the samples don't have them and get infinite sustain.

  5. #5

    Re: Distortion Guitar Samples help please

    Hello arncliffe,

    Thanks for your interest in Lyrical Distortion.
    We agree about the demo player, and we're working on finding a better solution.
    Meanwhile, If you press ctrl and scroll wheel, you can zoom in on the player.

    hivernal pretty much answered a lot for me (thanks)
    What are you missing between GunslingerADi and Lyrical Direct?
    GunADi has 6 Articulations, Lyrical Direct has 78 Articulations

    All our products are currently just direct downloads
    However, we are gearing up to redistribute dvds to resellers again.


    Aaron

  6. #6

    Re: Distortion Guitar Samples help please

    I think you may want to rething whether you want a predistorted guitar library versus a clean library that can be sent though amp sim/effects.

    Personally, I think you get a better sound using a clean library through an amp sim. I think you can get long sustain using the clean library through an amp sim.

    But, I guess all I am saying is do some research before you conclude you are better of with a predistorted library. My impression is most think you are better often with a clean libary run through amp sims/effects.

    jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

  7. #7

    Re: Distortion Guitar Samples help please

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffn1 View Post
    Personally, I think you get a better sound using a clean library through an amp sim.
    jeffn1
    I agree 100%. I am currently learning to play keyboard guitar via RealStrat + Freeamp SE VST + Roland AX7 + wireless midi. I've been taking it out to a jam I run on Sundays and doing guitar solo's alongside actual guitarists, and the results are downright . For the first time the limiting factor is not the tone of the instrument but my knowledge of guitar styles and the ability to simulate them on the keyboard. With my SY99 I could simulate the highly distorted "bedroom tone" playing of a kid running riffs with everything turned up to 10 . This is the first time I've felt I have the tools needed to do a credible blues guitar solo and seriously piss off the guitarists.

    Ernie

  8. #8

    Re: Distortion Guitar Samples help please

    I am curious if anyone uses Lyrical distortion for anything except shredding and Nuno Bettencourt solos. I am not trying for sarcasm or to P**s anyone off, I simply cannot determine from the demos of that product if it is more versitile.

    I am wondering if you can do softer more atmospheric parts, such as the "modern roc" demo for EWql Ministry OF Rock. I need the heavy tones, but also the ability to play convincing pop/ rock parts ala Radiohead or Coldplay.

  9. #9

    Re: Distortion Guitar Samples help please

    I'm new to the world of guitar sounds (I'm a keyboard and orchestral guy), but I just got Overloud's TH1 and am having a great time playing with all of their presets. I'm using Direct Guitar for the actual guitar (clean) sample, then you just load TH1 as an Audio Unit. If you're guitar-pedal-and-FX-familiar, you'll probably recognize all of the things you can put into the signal chain. But if, like me, you're not savvy to all of that stuff, it makes it easy to figure out and the presets cover most of the things you'd want to do.

    One exception, and I wish, wish, wish, that someone would come up with a library of presets or FX for this, is the type of delayed and washed-out guitar sounds that you get from bands like Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky, Eluvium -- shoegaze and post-rock bands like that. For someone who's guitar-fx-savvy, it seems like it would be a no-brainer! And I'd be first in line to buy it!

    Kerry

  10. #10

    Re: Distortion Guitar Samples help please

    Quote Originally Posted by Trace View Post
    I am curious if anyone uses Lyrical distortion for anything except shredding and Nuno Bettencourt solos. I am not trying for sarcasm or to P**s anyone off, I simply cannot determine from the demos of that product if it is more versitile.

    I am wondering if you can do softer more atmospheric parts, such as the "modern roc" demo for EWql Ministry OF Rock. I need the heavy tones, but also the ability to play convincing pop/ rock parts ala Radiohead or Coldplay.
    Hello Trace,

    The only way I can really put it is, it is what you make out of it.
    If Radiohead and Coldplay is what you're after, you certainly wouldn't want to run it through a metal preset amp sim and tap out some shredding solos. With Lyrical Direct, you're getting un-processed direct/clean samples of a PRS guitar. The spectrum of PRS guitar players covers nearly every style of electric guitar. I certainly wouldn't limit it to just shredding guitar solos. The only way you'll get that is if that is your thing, and you make it your thing.

    Majority of the demos up there were done by Theodor Krueger, who happens to be into shredding it up.
    I'm still waiting to receive stuff from other demo makers.
    One of the demos is suppose to be Big Band stuff.
    I certainly would encourage and would love to hear some user submitted demos.

    I can say from experience, there seems to be two distinct camps.
    Those that just want screaming metal
    And those that just don't.
    Those that want to hear the metal yell "This stuff is wussy $#!+ - metal! metal! metal!"
    And those that don't complain "Can't you make a direct/clean guitar library that isn't just death/lounge metal?"
    I just can't win



    Aaron

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •