• Register
  • Help

Topic: New forum is now open!

Share/Bookmark

New forum is now open!

Hello,

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this but, I hope so... Anyway, I have noticed that there are quite a few composers, including myself, that have music that isn't Garritan related. Meaning that their music doesn't feature any of the Garritan sounds, instruments or libraries.

Well, I'm not sure about everyone but, I know I've felt a bit awkward, posting my music in the wrong places here on the forums. I was doing a google search and came up with thousands of forums for posting music of all genres. Unlike the forums here at NS, alot of them were not very active, and seemed a bit unfriendly.

So, I decided to try to come up with one of my own, that others could go to and post any of their compositions; as long as they were original works.

I am in no way trying to sway or get members of the wonderful NS community to switch or abandon NS. I just wanted to provide another avenue of friendly, talented composers to share their musical works that were not Garritan related.

The forum is, as I mentioned, VERY new and I would like to invite anyone to stop on over, take a look around, and perhaps, even post some of their works they would like to have heard.

Thank you,

Aeon

Re: New forum is now open!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon Six View Post
    Anyway, I have noticed that there are quite a few composers, including myself, that have music that isn't Garritan related. Meaning that their music doesn't feature any of the Garritan sounds, instruments or libraries.

Well, I'm not sure about everyone but, I know I've felt a bit awkward, posting my music in the wrong places here on the forums.
    FWIW that is what the Listening Area is for. If you open Northernsounds it is right away the second item.
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

I think he's saying he doesn't feel comfortable posting music in the listening room if he didn't use Garritan libraries to make it. I guess the question is, is it okay to post such music in the listening room?

Have you looked into nothernsounds.net? Click forum at the top of this page, then northernsounds.net at the top of the next page. This is a fairly active forum, if you are interested in feedback. Are you aware of soundclick.com?

By the way, I thought your Rock of Ages was very nice; however, it seemed longer than the .56 second length you described!

I think what Hannes is refering to is this site on NorthernSounds:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...isplay.php?f=3

This is NorthernSounds listening area and is NOT dedicated to just Garritan samples or at least a major portion of the work in Garritan samples.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Hi, Aeon - I wish you would have seen Gary Garritan's post at the end of the recent thread about using other libraries. He pointed out that the last time the subject had come up, a new Forum was created right here on Northern Sounds, for the very purpose of posting music no matter waht libraries are used in it.

That is the Forum Hannes first pointed out and others have pointed to also:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...play.php?f=108

I'm glad he reminded us about that fairly new Forum, because I had never been there before!

It would be much easier to post at an established place like Northern Sounds, rather than try to start having people come to a new site - it's apt to be extremely slow. I suggest you post through the link above when you have pieces that don't use Gary's instruments primarily.

Randy B.

Aeon,

The forum rules state: "there will be no ... recruiting to other forums".

The administrators have worked very hard to build this forum up over the years. I don't think they would like any recruiting of the membership over to a new forum.

As others have pointed out, there is a Listening Area on the main forum for all kind of works to be heard. Let's try to be mindful of our NS hosts.

Gary

... and please READ:

Listening ROOM is not the same as Listening AREA.
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Go Back to forum