• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question on garritan Reverb

Question on garritan Reverb

Okay, I have seen other people posting and mentioning Garritan Ambiance as a good reverb tool. However, if it came with my version then I can't figure out how to use it. I am using Cubase SX3 with GPO KP2.

Garritan Ambiance doesn't show up in the effects list inside Cubase at all. So, is it just not available with my version, or did I mess up something on the install?

I've been using reverb tools that came with Cubase.

Re: Question on garritan Reverb

Hong Kong, I don't think the Garritan Ambience has been included with GPO for some time now. If your version has it, it would be on your original installation discs, so you could take a look. This Ambience plugin Is included with the Garritan Steinway.

Meanwhile, it's very probable that the reverb plugins in Cubase sound just as good. I've tried many reverbs, and they really don't vary much.

Many of us avail ourselves of the free S.I.R. convolution reverb which is easily found online.

Randy B.

Try putting this in your VST folder.

There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson

If you feel like spending some time auditioning reverbs, there are a few databases that have extensive lists of freeware reverbs and many of them are of high quality (either algorithmic or convolution). The Gersic, Rekkerd or KVR VSTfx plug-in databases can be easily found via Google and will provide you with a lot of freeware reverb plug-ins. If you are interested, I would be happy to let you know my personal favorites.
    Best regards,

Little Red King

Go Back to forum