• Register
  • Help

Topic: Audio Engine Shutdown Solved

Share/Bookmark

Audio Engine Shutdown Solved

I've been pulling out my hair trying to figure out why my audio engine kept stopping. After many attempted fixes, non of which worked, I finally figured it out. On my system; Core 2 Duo, M-Audio Firewire, I can't run Omnisphere with 8 separate audio channels. It was over taxing my system. Running all 8 thru the main audio output solved it. Whew!!

I was also running Stylus, Trilogy, and GVI.

Re: Audio Engine Shutdown Solved

Quote Originally Posted by commalot View Post
    I've been pulling out my hair trying to figure out why my audio engine kept stopping. After many attempted fixes, non of which worked, I finally figured it out. On my system; Core 2 Duo, M-Audio Firewire, I can't run Omnisphere with 8 separate audio channels. It was over taxing my system. Running all 8 thru the main audio output solved it. Whew!!

I was also running Stylus, Trilogy, and GVI.
    Was this using Sonar 8? Where were the channels configured? I have discovered a similar issue audio engine shutdown issue but not sure what channels you refer to.
    Tobias
    San Diego, CA
    USA

Re: Audio Engine Shutdown Solved

I'm using an older version, Sonar 5 PE, but that shouldn't make any difference.

You have the 16 selectable midi channels. And you can assign a separate audio channel to each midi, i.e. Primary Out, A, B, C, and so on. I had 8 separate audio channels, one for each midi channel. When I reduced this to just the Primary audio out for all the midi channels the audio engine stopping no longer happened. I could probably have 3 or 4 audio outs but I really don't need them.

Go Back to forum