• Register
  • Help

Topic: RMX - Can't connect 'directory\SAGE\RMX'??

Share/Bookmark

RMX - Can't connect 'directory\SAGE\RMX'??

Stylus RMX latest version 1.7e. Using Logic Audio 8. I see no directories when I open RMX. I get this error message:

"Missing element on Part 1: Default/<Please Select a Directory/Sound Check. Can't find this Element. This may be because it is not currently installed on this computer or has been moved to a different folder."

Here is where my SAGE folder is:

Users>Me>Library>Application Support>Spectrasonics>SAGE>Stylus RMX>Core Library

It says I'm supposed to have 14 files in the Core Library. I've got 13. I can't find the missing one, looking in all the downloads.

I recently installed my original ver. 1.1 on my Intel Laptop, did all the updates to 1.7e.

Any ideas?

Re: RMX - Can't connect 'directory\SAGE\RMX'??

i get the exact same thing when i try to open certain 'older' projects.

re: "Missing element on Part 1: Default/<Please Select a Directory/Sound Check. Can't find this Element. This may be because it is not currently installed on this computer or has been moved to a different folder."

Hi Brownie,

I re-installed everything from my first RMX disks, upgraded to 1.7.1e. (The first time I had upgraded (two days ago) I found a whole series of upgrades and thought I had to do ALL the upgrades from ver. 1.1. (on the disks) right up to 1.7.1e. But no!

All I had to do was the re-install of the first original two RMX disks, then add the one 1.7.1e upgrade. And it seems to be running fine now (with Logic 8 on an Intel MacBook Pro). And the upgraded RMX is lovely ... a LOT more wonderful stuff.

Note: I re-installed everything to an external drive, my laptop not having enough space for the SAGE library.

The only odd thing that has happened ... is that ever since I downloaded a whole collection of RMX Tutorials my Quicktime Pro WON'T open them, and WON'T even open itself. Though I can play any other QT movies just fine, if I open QT from the movie itself (and not vice-versa). QT Player won't open at all anymore. May have nothing to do with downloading those Tutorials, but the problem started with the Tutorials and just after I installed RMX on the laptop the first time. I'm still trying to figure out the problem.

All the best, good luck,

Ben

k i'm gonna give it a try, good to hear you're up and running , it gives me hope

It worked! everything seems to be working great again! cheers for that.

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    k i'm gonna give it a try, good to hear you're up and running , it gives me hope

Go Back to forum