• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Any other new sample libraries on the way?

Share/Bookmark

Any other new sample libraries on the way?

We\'ve heard from Kip about the cool Bosendorfer getting ready to come out soon. Can any other developers tell us what is also to come out soon on the horizon?

Re: Any other new sample libraries on the way?

\"BOB - Bigga Orchestral Brass\" from Bigga Giggas will be released in January.

/Worra

Hi Worra,

If the release date is so near, you must be able to share some more details with us...

please?

Cheers,

Peter

SOS (Super Orchestral Steinway) library coming! Called \"PMI Grandioso Steinway\" or short PMI-GS.
    See my other topic.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeterRoos:
    Hi Worra,

If the release date is so near, you must be able to share some more details with us...

please?

Cheers,

Peter
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, We\'ve been working quietly on this, but here\'s some info:

BOB - Bigga Orchestral Brass, have 4 instruments. Trumpet, Trombone, French Horn and Tuba.
    All instruments are recorded in stereo (24 bit/96Khz, the gigs are at 16/24.1). Recording was made in a studio that had a room specially designed for recording acoustic instruments. It has a \"room-ambiance\", but not really a reverb, if you see what I mean.
    For the main instruments and many of the specials, all notes have been sampled.

There are a main instrument, sampled with three different velocities + a lot of specials like stacatto, sordini, trills, glissandos.
    One thing that\'s special with this collection are that all samples have been recorded twice, that is, there are a A/B version of all samples. It\'s the same musician and the same instrument, but the gigs will contain special double instruments if you wan\'t fatter sounds.

The collection will be available as single instruments or as a collection containing all 4 CD\'s. There will also be a lite version.

The final price isn\'t set yey, but it will be nice......

/Worra

Sounds nice Worra! Will there be FF or FFF samples of the brass?

Hey Damon,

FF and FFFFF horns: serious problems with your ears, mmm?

Worra,
    Out of curiosity: did you consider using difference instruments (with the same player), instead of the A/B versioning you described? IMHO this would have been a good help towards building sections with individual instruments.

Although I recently got some DD brass instruments (and have AO), I am still interested in brass libraries, just to create sections with different players/instruments.

Some time ago I purchased JinJee\'s horns, but I found this library rather disappointing. Anyone on the forum who has used this library?

Cheers,

------------------
    peter e. roos
    personal site www.xs4all.nl/~deltaw
    company site www.deltaworks.com

Peter, let\'s not talk about Jinjee\'s Horns...

Worra: When will you have a demo up? It sounds pretty exciting!

Hello,

Does anybody know of any new Woodwind libraries?

Thanks

Kevin

Worra,

I still enjoy the, French Horn Long Forte sample that was a freebie on a Giga demo CD.

I think it has great character and bite.
    I use it all the time.

If your new venture is even close to the coolness of that sample...I am sold!

PS. Please post a link to you site.
    ------------------
    Francis Belardino
    fbelardino@audiovisionsonline.com

Sound Designer
    Audio Visions, LTD.
    Wilmington, DE.

www.audiovisionsonline.com

[This message has been edited by Francis Belardino (edited 12-29-2001).]

Go Back to forum