• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gofriller starts up sounding strange

Share/Bookmark

Gofriller starts up sounding strange

I am using Gofriller in Kontakt 2 (not player) in a Sonar 7 project. It is the only instrument loaded.

Every time I load the project first up, the cello sounds high pitched and "nasally". The only way to get it sounding normal is to remove the instrument from Kontakt and reload it.

I have tried various keyswitches and nothing changes. The instrument appears to be in Normal mode, Mono, Staccato Attack, but I suspect it is playing Sul' Altra Corda

Any ideas?

Re: Gofriller starts up sounding strange

Hi Alan, You might try entering the C1 keyswitch (which in Sonar is C3) to activate the default mode. If this doesn't work for you, post again please.
    By the by, I have a lot more luck with the Strad and Gofriller in the Kontakt Player, which they were programmed for, and not the full Kontakt.
    Good luck and have fun! John

Hiya, Alan

You said you've tried various keyswitches - are you sure you've engaged C1 as John "Big Ears" suggested? I don't know why the Cello should be loading in anything but its default C1 condition - but that sounds like that's what is happening. And of course you know you need to have some cc11 volume control immediately in the project, or the Cello will sound very odd.

Randy

Thanks for the responses guys.

I have tried the keyswitches to no avail. But I think I will switch to using the Kontakt Player and see how that goes.

I am in the mood for writing!

Work is really busy, but the busier and more stressful it gets the more I feel the need to compose.

Well, Alan - that may be the solution, to just play the Cello in the player it came with. I'll be curious about the outcome, so do let us know when and if you have success!

I think it's great that the busier and more stressed you get at your work, the more you want to compose - Here's hoping you don't keep getting stymied by the Cello not cooperating.

Randy

Switching to the player seems to have done the trick.

Thanks Guys!

I spoke too soon.

I came back to my project and reopened it tonight. The cello in the player also had the same problem. I dropped it, reloaded it and it was fine again.

Any other ideas?

Darn. I'm sorry to hear this, Alan. I'm at a loss. Something is obviously wrong. At least it straightens out when you re-load - but how annoying that you need to do that every time!

Hopefully someone more technoid hip than me will figure this out for you.

Randy

Hi Alan, When you have the cello loaded in the Kontakt Player and inserted in your project in Sonar, do you have the keyswitch for the default sound shown in the piano roll view? If not, maybe try putting it in at the very beginning of the first measure (remember it is not C0 in Sonar, I think is is up a couple of octaves, maybe C2, I don't have my DAW fired up right now, but if you play with the keyboard on the piano roll view left side you can find where the various keyswitches are in Sonar) and also maybe draw in some CC#11 data to give the expression control a wake up. With the expression control at 0, the tone of the Gofriller is really flat and that may be that's what you are hearing. Until you raise the cc#11 and give it a little cc#1 (vibrato) it doesn't sound like much.
    Hope you can get it singing! John

Go Back to forum