• Register
  • Help

Topic: Y-vi?

Share/Bookmark

Y-vi?

Well I was just getting ready to download some WW from VI and I see they raised the price by about 10%. Made up my mind for me, I was hoping with the economy they'd go the other way. But Noooooooo...

Re: Y-vi?

Quote Originally Posted by D'Arranger View Post
    Well I was just getting ready to download some WW from VI and I see they raised the price by about 10%. Made up my mind for me, I was hoping with the economy they'd go the other way. But Noooooooo...
    What's VI?

D

About six, I think.

Oh yeah, I forgot that there was, after ALL this time, an update to the Roman numeral system (finally - I had almost given up on those guys).

Anyone know what movie this is from?:

"Boy, are you nuts. N-V-T-S nuts!"

Quote Originally Posted by D'Arranger View Post
    They put the prices up in response to the dollar and pound weakening against the Euro. Apparently their distributors aren't clearing enough profit after buying the product in Euros, then selling it on in another currency.

I suggested, over at their forum, that they should become their own distributor, charging in Euros, and allowing our credit cards to do the conversion. Prices would still go up, but we'd blame the economy, rather than them, and we'd feel like we'd paid exactly the same as any other customer. It works great for people like BelaDMedia. Their prices still go up and down for foreign customers, but they're not perceived to be putting them up, because the advertised price stays constant.

I got shouted down, though, by people who thought this was a naive, short-sighted idea. So it's kind of nice, though I don't indulge in Schadenfreude, to see that there are customers deciding not to buy because of the way the price hikes look. Perhaps I wasn't so naive.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by JimB View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot that there was, after ALL this time, an update to the Roman numeral system (finally - I had almost given up on those guys).

Anyone know what movie this is from?:

"Boy, are you nuts. N-V-T-S nuts!"
    History of the World Part I - great movie.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Go Back to forum