• Register
  • Help

Topic: Most versatile electric guitar

Share/Bookmark

Most versatile electric guitar

Hi all. I know that there are other threads devoted to this topic, but I am curious about your feelings on what is the most versatile guitar VI on the market for creating realistic parts in a variety of styles-anything from current Radiohead and Coldplay to more aggressive material. I have Real Strat, but this does not cover all bases.

Thanks you.

Re: Most versatile electric guitar

Well, there is Prominy, Chris Hein Guitars, Lyrical Distortion to mention a few.
    I have the Chris Hein Guitars and use it for many different styles.
    It has many articulations and FX to choose from and it has 2 chord modes for playing in realtime.
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

Quote Originally Posted by Trace View Post
    Hi all. I know that there are other threads devoted to this topic, but I am curious about your feelings on what is the most versatile guitar VI on the market for creating realistic parts in a variety of styles-anything from current Radiohead and Coldplay to more aggressive material. I have Real Strat, but this does not cover all bases.

Thanks you.
    For versatility Chris Hein Guitars are hard to beat. The playability of the chord mode is still a bit better with RealStrat, but the overall sound and the tweaking possibilities (e.g. extreme sound changes with the expression pedal) is just great with Chris´guitars. You need a good amp simulation though ( I prefer Amplitube) as this is at least 50% of the sound...
    Best regards
    Raindog

You should check out the CoreGuitar Strawberry electric guitar sample library from Orange Tree Samples. Be sure to listen to the audio demos!

It has a lot of articulations--several degrees of palm mutes, squeals, strikes, and much more. It has intelligent round-robin sample cycling to eliminate the "machine gun" effect in repeated notes. It also lets you choose from alternate tunings (or create your own), which affects the tone of the guitar. You can also realistically slide from one note to any other.

CoreGuitar Strawberry is intuitive to play live through a MIDI keyboard and also easy to sequence in your DAW.
    Greg Schlaepfer
    Orange Tree Samples
    Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Go Back to forum