• Register
  • Help

Topic: Xsamploe Chamber ensemle

Share/Bookmark

Xsamploe Chamber ensemle

Anyone own this? What are your impressions? The demos are fantastic. I would love to know exactly how versatile this set is.

Re: Xsamploe Chamber ensemle

I own the Xsample Chamber Ensemble. I think it's a fantastic library for soloinstruments and chamber music. Works like a charm with Finale and Human Playback as well. For Finale or Sibeius there is no other libary that comes even close (not even Vienna or GPO for that matter).

Are there any specific information you want to know about Xsample?

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Schnelzer View Post
    I own the Xsample Chamber Ensemble. I think it's a fantastic library for soloinstruments and chamber music. Works like a charm with Finale and Human Playback as well. For Finale or Sibeius there is no other libary that comes even close (not even Vienna or GPO for that matter).

Are there any specific information you want to know about Xsample?
    Sorry to ask before the original poster but maybe he has the same questions: As someone who likes to play instruments live rather than using a notation programm I would be interested to know how the live playability (legato playing switching between different articulations) is? Have you tried to use a windcontroller? If yes, how do the woodwind works.
    Thanks for your help
    Raindog

Quote Originally Posted by Raindog View Post
    Sorry to ask before the original poster but maybe he has the same questions: As someone who likes to play instruments live rather than using a notation programm I would be interested to know how the live playability (legato playing switching between different articulations) is? Have you tried to use a windcontroller? If yes, how do the woodwind works.
    Thanks for your help
    Raindog
    I work more or less exclusively with Finale (although I own both Logic Pro and ProTools). I do play around some on the keyboard using Xsample while composing. The playability seems ok and switching between articulations can be done with either keyswitching or CC#0. Playing Xsample instruments live work more or less like GPO or Vienna (that I also have).

I don't own a windcontroller so I can't comment on that I'm afraid.

Trace,
    if you use the Search function on this forum and type xsample you will get lots of threads discussing this library.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Schnelzer View Post
    I work more or less exclusively with Finale (although I own both Logic Pro and ProTools). I do play around some on the keyboard using Xsample while composing. The playability seems ok and switching between articulations can be done with either keyswitching or CC#0. Playing Xsample instruments live work more or less like GPO or Vienna (that I also have).

I don't own a windcontroller so I can't comment on that I'm afraid.
    Thanks very much
    regards
    Raindog

Thanks Albert.

I compose in Cubase, and therefore am interested in how the lib will perform inside a sequencing environment. The demos are fantastic, but I wonder if it would be hard to replicate these in a sequencer.

Is there a lot of reverb already recorded into the samples?

I haven't used Xsample inside a DAW yet, but I have done some mockups with Vienna in Logic and I doubt there is any big difference working with xsample instead. Not for me anyway.

It shouldn't be more difficult to use Xsample compared to Vienna in a sequencing environment as far as I can tell.

Regarding reverb: The samples are dry, no recorded reverb

(There are actually some really nice convolution reverbs that are bundled with Xsample that you can use in Kontakt.)

Thanks again Albert. I use Altiverb, and it is good to hear that the samples are dryish.

I love the fact that Xsample have included more contemporary articulations. I purchased IRCam Solo Instruments, beautifuly recorded, but not very versatile. There is no round robin and very few velocity layers on offer. I think the Xsample package might help me acomplish what I want.

Go Back to forum