• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Brassticles"

Share/Bookmark

"Brassticles"

This is my latest composition for Trumpets I, Trumpets II, Horns, 'Bones and Tuba.

This is "Brassticles" (pronounced brass'-tih-khuls).

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Brassticles"

Hi Larry, I'm not going to comment on the title of this piece, I'll leave that to someone else.
    The overall volume seems a little low on this piece. Did you do something different than your others?
    You really have a knack for composing music that really fits a particular instrument or ensemble. This piece is perfect for showing off the attributes of the big brass in the Garritan library. Another nice piece from the music composing man in Texas.
    Did you ever hear about the guy from Texas and the guy from Arkansas who were standing on a bridge and had to take a leak. The guy from Arkansas is doing his business and says, "Man, that waters cold!", and the guy from Texas says, "Yeah, and deep!"
    Thanks, John

That's nice Larry.

What are you going to do next?
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Quote Originally Posted by bigears View Post
    Hi Larry, I'm not going to comment on the title of this piece, I'll leave that to someone else.
    The overall volume seems a little low on this piece. Did you do something different than your others?
    You really have a knack for composing music that really fits a particular instrument or ensemble. This piece is perfect for showing off the attributes of the big brass in the Garritan library. Another nice piece from the music composing man in Texas.
    Did you ever hear about the guy from Texas and the guy from Arkansas who were standing on a bridge and had to take a leak. The guy from Arkansas is doing his business and says, "Man, that waters cold!", and the guy from Texas says, "Yeah, and deep!"
    Thanks, John
    I hadn't heard that one. Thanks, Mr. John.

The brasses are a blend of Garritan and Kontakt 3.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie View Post
    That's nice Larry.

What are you going to do next?
    Sleep for an hour or so and then start all over.

Thanks for listening, Mr. Aram.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Mr Larry

I said in a post to one of your threads not very long ago, that you had big brass ones and you replied with

I wish that I were equipped thusly.

Well, it looks like you were being deceptive.

Well done

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer View Post
    Mr Larry

I said in a post to one of your threads not very long ago, that you had big brass ones and you replied with

I wish that I were equipped thusly.

Well, it looks like you were being deceptive.

Well done

Ron
    Nah, rusty iron maybe.

Thanks for listening and commenting, Mr. Ron. I always appreciate it.

My Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hi Larry,

I really enjoyed your piece, especially from the 3:00 point to the end ... great low brass and horn writing! The section from 3:30 sounded very European ... felt like a ride on the Rhine (maybe the Rio Grande?

Regards,

Frank

I really liked this. I just dont know enough about composition to say what is right or wrong. I definitely think it works great though. I just dont get where you get all your ideas. I write a 4 minute piece about every 6 months and you seem to crank out endless amounts of music constantly. Very impressive indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    Hi Larry,

I really enjoyed your piece, especially from the 3:00 point to the end ... great low brass and horn writing! The section from 3:30 sounded very European ... felt like a ride on the Rhine (maybe the Rio Grande?

Regards,

Frank
    Thank you for the kind comments, Mr. Frank. I am glad that you like it.

Best Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast