• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Bosendorfer Imperial Grand!

Share/Bookmark

Bosendorfer Imperial Grand!

Bardstown Audio\'s Bosendorfer Imperial Grand Piano, Model 290 is completed and in production.

This 9 1/2 foot concert grand piano is Bosendorfer\'s top of the line. The extra lower bass strings give superior resonance to this world class concert grand piano.

We have sample recorded this piano in a concert performance hall with four velocities of pedal up, four velocities of pedal down, and release trigger samples. This piano is over one and a half gigabytes and will be available in Giga and EXS24 formats. These sampled CD\'s will be available exclusively from Bardstown Audio. www.BardstownAudio.com

Demos will be posted on our web site in a few days.

Kip
    Bardstown Audio www.BardstownAudio.com

[This message has been edited by Bardstown Audio (edited 12-28-2001).]

Re: Bosendorfer Imperial Grand!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bardstown Audio:
    Bardstown Audio\'s Bosendorfer Imperial Grand Piano, Model 290 is completed and in production.

This 9 1/2 foot concert grand piano is Bosendorfer\'s top of the line. The extra lower bass stings

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ouch!

*drool* *drool*

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>
    This piano is over one and a half gigabytes
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Whoah!!!! If THIS doesn\'t sound like a real piano, it\'s not normal!!

Archangel

On another thread, Michiel Post was inquiring about DVD format for pianos. For the last several days, I have been experimenting with various forms of compression, in order to hopefully get the \"Bosendorfer Imperial\" down to one CD.

The Bosendorfer Imperial is a 1.51 gigabyte gig file, which will only compress down to 1.12 gigabytes and will have to go onto two CD\'s, instead of three.

It would be much simpler and make for a much cleaner installation to put the Bosendorfer onto a single DVD disk. I am very much leaning in this direction.

DVD drives have been standard on all new computers for the last year and a half. Also, internal DVD reader drives are just about as inexpensive as a CD reader drive.

For people who do not currently have a DVD drive on their computers, there are additional inexpensive and simple options, such as USB and Firewire DVD drives, which are \"plug in and play.\"

Considering these current, available, simple, and inexpensive DVD options, would many of you consider it a problem if the Bosendorfer Imperial were available on DVD only?

Kip
    Bardstown Audio www.bardstownaudio.com

My main DAW (about 2 years old) has only SCSI drives, and back then CDR drives were slow so it has a CD and CDR. The new GS box has just a CDR. Both of these machines are are rock solid and critical to my work, so I will not make any configuration changes to them, really no matter what.

And I won\'t enable USB on these machines either, some of the things I have are sensitive to that. I don\'t mind multi disk installs, and I believe that DVD\'s are far from universal. Also a poll on a message board is going to be far from accurate, you don\'t really know if you reach a representative sample, or if your respondents are just a vocal minority.

My $0.02. It will be interesting to see how Kip\'s lib compares to the Truan one. The spec\'s read much the same, not that that tells you much, but that one is so good it probably bodes well.

Hi,

I feel similarly to Sam and also dont currently own a DVD nor do I plan on purchasing one soon. However, I am very interested in the library you are developing
    and would hate to be prevented from owning it
    because of my lack of a DVD player.

I also want to say that I believe its too soon to be releasing sample libraried on DVD media only.

Thanks for asking

I agree, CD please. In a year the landscape nay be different but right now I\'ll bet most of us audio types are using CD drives and don\'t want to change our hardware just to load a sample set.

[This message has been edited by Bardstown Audio (edited 12-31-2001).]

I have received several inquiries concerning recording techniques of the Bosendorfer Imperial. This piano was sample recorded in a well designed state of the art performance hall. This piano is very well maintained and is very consistent.

Considering adequate natural ambience of the hall, this piano was stereo recorded with a pair of 130 volt B&K 4012\'s into Millennia HV3B pre-amps and Apogee A/D conversion, which is world class recording equipment for concert grand pianos.

These Bosendorfer samples are totally unprocessed, and absolutely no noise reduction was required. These samples were not put through any sort of batch normalization process, which can make for serious degradation of audio quality. Each individual stereo sampled note was individually set very near to 0 dB by hand on both the left and right side of the stereo spectrum, which makes for the highest audio quality and consistency from note to note.

This Bosendorfer Imperial was sample recorded with four velocity layers of pedal up, four velocity layers of pedal down, and release trigger samples, which very beautifully capture the natural ambience of the performance hall.

Kip
    Bardstown Audio www.bardstownaudio.com

Go Back to forum