• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan Site and other Info

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Site and other Info

Hi, I've have a curious question for a while, and I've finally decided to ask it.

I've been browsing through the Garritan site, and I realised something.

You have the most detailed information on Authorized Steinway, and the second most on GPO. However, you have a lot less information on JABB and CMB. Also, there's no information whatsoever on the General MIDI, Stradivari Violin, Goffriller Cello, or GOS1.

Though the latter 3 are discontinued, and I'm not sure of the stand of General MIDI, I was really interested into reading about them anyway. However, there isn't any information I could find anywhere on them.

I was just curious as to why the Garritan site doesn't provide much detailed information, for such amazing and detailed sample libraries.

Also, I was just curious, I would love to see information behind the scenes of Garritan Libraries, like how they're made, sampled, recorded, ect. Who does it. Where it was recorded. Who plays the instruments. All of that nice stuff.

(Besides I think it both looks the site nicer, it gives more detail, and I would just love to know, the other reason I wonder, is I wanted to make a Wikipedia page for Garritan Libraries, but there isn't enough on site information)

Thanks in advance,

~Chris

Re: Garritan Site and other Info

Here is the page for the Garritan Wiki. Should save you some time.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
    Here is the page for the Garritan Wiki. Should save you some time.
    ?

If you were replying to a Wiki Article, I meant writing an article on Wikipedia.

~Mooshykris

Quote Originally Posted by Mooshykris View Post
    ?

If you were replying to a Wiki Article, I meant writing an article on Wikipedia.

~Mooshykris
    I was just pointing out that there already is a Wikipedia page for Garritan. Your original post sounded as if you wanted to create a Wikipedia page. No sense in re-inventing the wheel.

If you wanted to create an article for the existing page then I apologize for misunderstanding your intent. I didn't get that from what you wrote.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

There's a Garritan Wiki (using the wiki system that Wikipedia uses), but that's not really Wikipedia. Wikipedia is http://www.wikipedia.com/ ... the big Internet encyclopedia. Unfortunately there's no Garritan page (at least not at this moment) on Wikipedia. Perhaps you can use the Garritan Wiki as a source for creating a Wikipedia page?
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin View Post
    There's a Garritan Wiki (using the wiki system that Wikipedia uses), but that's not really Wikipedia. Wikipedia is http://www.wikipedia.com/ ... the big Internet encyclopedia. Unfortunately there's no Garritan page (at least not at this moment) on Wikipedia. Perhaps you can use the Garritan Wiki as a source for creating a Wikipedia page?
    There really isn't sufficient information to create an article for off of Garritan Wiki.

~Chris

Go Back to forum