• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: The best software host for Omnisphere

Share/Bookmark

The best software host for Omnisphere

I have recently acquired Omnisphere, but I need a host to plug it into. Can anyone advise me which will be most suitable,and user friendly as well as good all round Software programme to use? Ta, Graham

Re: The best software host for Omnisphere

I have been able to use it very well with Ableton, Cubase, and Logic. The biggest problem you are going to face is the hardware you are running the host/Omnisphere on.
    Mac OSX 6 / Logic 9 / Cubase 5 / Ableton / Omnisphere / Stylus Rmx / Trillion / Komplete / Groove Agent / Kontrol 49 / UC 33e / Euphonix MC Mix n Control

Hi Here are some freeware hosts that might be worth checking out..I also use Live7 as well as Logic P8 ,Manistage and of course Kore2...

http://www.dontcrack.com/freeware/so...A0%C2%A0%C2%A0 ...JON

With Sonar 7 - works great. No issues at all since the update.

Quote Originally Posted by progjm View Post
    I have been able to use it very well with Ableton, Cubase, and Logic. The biggest problem you are going to face is the hardware you are running the host/Omnisphere on.
    Thanks for your reply. Which out of Ableton, Cubase and Logic would be the easiest to set up and use. I am home studio enthousiast, and would like to use all round good software as well as using it as a host. Graham

Quote Originally Posted by jonkuzma View Post
    Hi Here are some freeware hosts that might be worth checking out..I also use Live7 as well as Logic P8 ,Manistage and of course Kore2...

http://www.dontcrack.com/freeware/so...A0%C2%A0%C2%A0 ...JON
    Thanks for the reply. I am checking them out.

Quote Originally Posted by JimB View Post
    With Sonar 7 - works great. No issues at all since the update.
    Thank you for the reply. I shall have a look at Sonar.

Hi..Please,tell us what type of computer you have..All DAWs are not cross platform..So if you have a PC and I highly reccomend Logic...It will be of no use to you...Thanx..JON

You can download a fully functional demo (though it doesn't have all the plugs that come with the full version) here: http://www.cakewalk.com/support/kb/kb20081217.asp

Whatever you do, take your time and really look around and try as many programs out as you can. The few decisions I have made in haste, regarding music software, are the ones that I always regret later.

Personally I LOVE Sonar and highly recommend it. And all the Spectrasonics programs run great in my experience - no issues.

Good luck.

EDIT: Actually, there is quite a bit, in terms of mastering plugs, instruments, etc. that aren't in the demo - but you'll still get an idea of how the program itself works. But you might want to go to the Sonar 8 product page and take a look at all the plugs/instruments that do come with it - a lot of stuff, really. The mastering plugs are really good.

I would say Logic Pro or Live 7/Suite 7.

Logic is by far a fantastic sequencer and Live is just so easy to user virtual instruments.

For PC I say Live or Sonar.

-bdjazz98

Go Back to forum