• Register
  • Help

Topic: Another article about my musical

Share/Bookmark

Another article about my musical

I am on spring break this week, but actually I was "in school" for three days. I visited the high school in Madison, IN to talk to two choirs and the musical theater class to tell them all about the musical and sing some of the songs. I think they liked the fact that this is an "ensemble" kind of musical with lots of opportunities for solos - not just for two or three major characters.

Tuesday I visited an elementary to talk to 4th grade classes about being a writer and sharing some songs. Yesterday I went to the Jr. High and spoke to the 6th, 7th and 8th grade choirs about Rivertown and to encourage them to audition in May. A reporter and photographer from the local paper came to cover my visit.

You can see it here:

http://madisoncourier.com/main.asp?F...bSectionID=961

Charles
    MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

Re: Another article about my musical

GREAT coverage, Charles - I've been looking forward to more coverage about your musical, and this was afact-filled, very entertaining article. Excellent.

And what a terrific thing you recently did, visiting all the schools to drum up interest in the auditions.

What a great wave you've been riding, and will continue to ride on through the performances in October.

Thanks for this!

Randy

What a great article!

And what a fantastic story. I really love the fact that you used your mother to vet the language.

What a cool project!

The students thought it was funny when I told them there would be one "bad" word in the show. I told them I would have gotten my mouth washed out with soap if I had said "poop" in the 1950's!

We had a lady, Mrs. Heck, who lived on the corner near us and we were not to say her name because it was a substitute for hell. Times have changed have they not?

Thanks, it was a very nice article and when I got a copy I was surprised to see that it was the major front page article. Now folks in Madison will know about Rivertown. Until now there has not been a lot of publicity. They have a bicentennial float that will be in parades in Cincy - Opening Day, Louisville - the Derby parade, Indy - 500 parade and others with students singing my songs. Right now I am most looking forward to finishing the writing and scoring so I can sit back and relax a little . . . then on to the next projects!
    MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

Go Back to forum