• Register
  • Help

Topic: Another OT-ed message

Share/Bookmark

Another OT-ed message

As I am upgrading my DAW, including replacing my AudioPhile 2496 for another better system with real 64 bits drivers, this peice of hardware becomes obsolete. Anybody - for free and I'll send it to you. Please PM me.

Raymond

Re: Another OT-ed message

That's too bad that the 2496 doesn't have actual 64 bit drivers. I poked around at M-Audio's site to see if there was help there, but there isn't. Looks like you're right, Raymond, that you'll just have to get a new card for your spiffy new system.

VERY generous offer, to pass your 2496 on to someone! They'll be very fortunate to receive it. I have the 2496 on my old Dell which isn't 64 bit, so it's still doing me fine, and it will for anyone who isn't yet upgraded. The sound quality really can't be beat.

Randy

Already given to a someone, who replied immedtiately. He has to wait until I dosmount this card (later this week). Generous offer? Why? Obsolete hardware is obsolete hardware and just gathering dust.

I also have some obsolete software (The Grand1 & 2, Band-in-Box (2004 version)).

Raymond

"...Generous offer? Why? Obsolete hardware is obsolete hardware and just gathering dust..."

Great that you have a taker, Raymond. And it Is a generous offer, because the 2496 isn't "obsolete" to the many people who will continue having computers compatible with the card for a long time to come. That's why M-Audio still has it prominently displayed at their website.

Have fun with your new super-system, Raymond! - and new owner of the 2496, enjoy!---it's superb.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    That's too bad that the 2496 doesn't have actual 64 bit drivers. I poked around at M-Audio's site to see if there was help there, but there isn't. Looks like you're right, Raymond, that you'll just have to get a new card for your spiffy new system.

VERY generous offer, to pass your 2496 on to someone! They'll be very fortunate to receive it. I have the 2496 on my old Dell which isn't 64 bit, so it's still doing me fine, and it will for anyone who isn't yet upgraded. The sound quality really can't be beat.

Randy
    They have official drivers for Vista 64. You can test Windows 7 drivers too. They also have a forum. Are you sure you went to the right site?

Thanks, Kitekrazy! That really only makes sense that M-Audio now has full-fledged 64 bit drivers for the 2496. I looked around at the M-Audio site, found info on the unit, but didn't find the info. Thanks for digging that up.

Randy

Yesterday I went to some shops and they all confirmed that M-Audio has only beta drivers for 64 bits systems. Maybe not anymore for Vista, but no way for XP64.

I also went to a shop in Rotterdam, who advertized on Internet having thqt EMU1616M thing. Internet said ´in stock´, but no way. I hate that. When my typing contains errors; guys I am typing now on a Belgium keyboard, arrrrggggggghhhhhhhh (laptop).

Raymond - the Wise Protector

Go Back to forum