• Register
  • Help

Topic: Meditation

Share/Bookmark

Meditation

Hello everyone!

This is my first post of my music here! I'm very exciting to be sharing my work with all of you. I must say I'm quite impressed with the work I've listened to here. I consider it a honor to have my stuff here alongside of all of yours!

Please enjoy Meditation. It is a short piece for clarinet solo and piano. I used the Garritan clarinet solo and Steinway piano samples for this recording.

http://www.last.fm/music/Thomas+Rona...tion?autostart

Here at last.fm you'll find links to my other work as well. On the album A Night on the Porch there are 2 pieces for Concert Band that use mostly Garritan samples,

Thank you and enjoy!

Tom

Re: Meditation

Tom

Welcome to the LR.

This is a nice piece of music, but you have us sitting way in the back of the room to listen to it. Lots of reverb.

Reverb is always a personal choice of how much or how little. I prefer a little less in a piece like this.

Still the piece is put together well.

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Ron-

Thank you so much for listening. I really appreciate it! I took your advice and changed the amount of reverb. What a difference. Thanks for the tip. I've replace the old version with this new one.

http://www.last.fm/music/Thomas+Rona...rch/Meditation

Thanks again!

Tom

Hi Tom and welcome. Your work is an excellent contemporary piece. The clarinet sounds superb, but i´m agree about the reverb issue, the piano sounds too far. But is a great composition, very interesting and well conceived.

Regards,

Victor

Thank you again. It would have help if I had uploaded the correct file the second time! Well, it's correct now. I just listened to it myself and it was the right file. I appreciate the comments.

Hello, TRonan - Welcome to The Listening Room, and congratulations on getting your first post up.

Very well titled piece, and I appreciated how it wasn't a passive meditation, but a very active one, with tinges of some turmoil, some sadness, but forward-moving - a meditation of the sort we often have during our waking hours.

Some really nice coloring in your arrangement for the two soloists. I was rather fascinated as the piece unfolded.

I thought at times when the Clarinet was reaching into its upper registers that the mood of Meditation was disturbed, but that's where my earlier description comes in - it's a refreshingly Unpassive meditation.

And it would appear I'm hearing the new version with less reverb. Very glad to see you were offered some good feedback on that. It's a very common problem for pieces to be recorded with too much reverb. If we can always stop and ask "How would this actually sound in a live performance?" it's a start--But then we have to understand how to use whatever reverb capabilities we're dealing with. I wouldn't want the Piano any farther away than it is here.

Thank you very much for the captivating music!

Randy

Go Back to forum