• Register
  • Help

Topic: Slightly OT--My recital is online

Share/Bookmark

Slightly OT--My recital is online

In an earlier thread, I mentioned my recent composition recital and promised that recordings would be online soon. Well, it took a couple of months, partly because I've been involved with re-inventing my website, but they're finally up.

The program included a duet for alto saxophone and cello, two songs, two piano pieces (played by my lovely wife Martha), three Spiritual arrangements, and a saxophone quartet.

Those who are interested can listen here. Enjoy!
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Re: Slightly OT--My recital is online

Dan:

A really GREAT CONCERT. Enjoyed it all. Damien and your wife,
    Martha sure gave fine performances.

What was also exciting was the saxophone writing. You got such
    a big sound from 4 saxophones and they never sounded like they
    needed accompaniment. Great achievement I thought, in itself.

Was this concert your Master's Degree Recital? If it was, you
    already graduated.........lol

Thanks for posting this concert. It was great.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

I'll listen to your recital later, but just wanted to comment on how nice your site looks. It's very clean and simple.

Steve Winkler

To Rhap2: Thanks for listening. No, it wasn't my Master's recital; that was a long time ago! This was a faculty recital--I teach composition at Indiana State University. The performers were all faculty or students, except Damien who's an alumnus.

To swinkler: Thanks for noticing the website design. The whole thing is actually a big WordPress blog. I'd been using WordPress.com for my blog for about a year and a half, until I realized that you could use the software to design an entire site. It's still a work in progress, but I have big plans for it.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Thank you, Dan.

Your concert certainly brings back my graduate composition days of yore. The very sound, the texture and the feel are exquisite; elements of unique creativity and subtle unity that please and intrigue. A fine mixture that is all too rare.

Dan:

Well then, there's no excuse for NOT finishing your piano
    concerto............

I have been wanting to hear that for a long time. Have you
    finished the first movement? Is it anywhere near this Forum
    to be heard?

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum