• Register
  • Help

Topic: Issues with Garritan JBB and Finale 2008

Share/Bookmark

Question Issues with Garritan JBB and Finale 2008

Just with in the last week I have been receiving a error message when I create a doc in Finale 2008. I am setting it up using the Garritan JBB sounds and when the doc starts to open from the setup wizard I get a message Kontakt player 2 file could not be found. Please check if library is installed correctly. I am not aware of any system changes and this all worked fine last week

Re: Issues with Garritan JBB and Finale 2008

Hi, Sounds like KontaktPlayer2 can't find the library or samples.
    What you can do is open up the standalone KontaktPlayer and where the libraries are shown on the left side, click on the "info" tab for JABB.
    When that opens up, down near the bottom it says "Library Installation Path" and in the box should be shown the path on your computer. If it's not there,
    click on the "choose" button and navigate to where the JABB library is on your computer. The graphic for the JABB (on the left) is probably grayed out in the interface, once you have shown it the library, you have to close the Kontakt Player and when it re-opens the color version of the graphic will be there and you should be good to go. I hope this helps you, and if you have any further problems be sure to follow up. Regards, John

John,

Thanks for the info. What seems to be the issue is I don't have Kontaktplayer 2 as a stand alone. I have a JABB stand alone but not the other. I couldn't seem to locate one on the NI website to download. I could seem to access the JABB library through GPO. Any other suggestions would be welcome

Keith
    Quote Originally Posted by bigears View Post
    Hi, Sounds like KontaktPlayer2 can't find the library or samples.
    What you can do is open up the standalone KontaktPlayer and where the libraries are shown on the left side, click on the "info" tab for JABB.
    When that opens up, down near the bottom it says "Library Installation Path" and in the box should be shown the path on your computer. If it's not there,
    click on the "choose" button and navigate to where the JABB library is on your computer. The graphic for the JABB (on the left) is probably grayed out in the interface, once you have shown it the library, you have to close the Kontakt Player and when it re-opens the color version of the graphic will be there and you should be good to go. I hope this helps you, and if you have any further problems be sure to follow up. Regards, John

Hi, When you open the standalone JABB, click on the Kontakt logo and see what version you have. Sounds like you need to install a bunch of updates to get to the current version 2.2.4.011. If you have the NI Service Center on your computer, open it and follow the update scenario, starting with the oldest updates. If you don't have the service center installed, I would recommend that you go to nativeinstruments.com and download and install it. It finds all the applicable software on your computer, and can list what updates are available and help you through registration. Good luck, John

If I remember correctly, there should be a Jazz Band update 2.3 and then the KontaktPlayer 2.2.4 update.

Go Back to forum