• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: NEW Voices of the Apocalypse demo

Share/Bookmark

NEW Voices of the Apocalypse demo

The latest mp3 demo is up at soundsonline.com

Re: NEW Voices of the Apocalypse demo

Very impressive! Are those vibratos heard at the end of the very first few notes sampled?
    They sound a tiny bit exaggerated to me, but that\'s only a matter of personal taste. The samples sure sound great.

Those exagerated vibratos are from a special angel patch. It is supposed to sound like old movies. There are also aahs with normal vibrato and no vibrato, sung by the large womens choir.

Cripes that sounds cool!
    :-)

Hi Nick,

Sounds like this library is your favourite baby... I envy you a bit - sounds like really fun to work with!

Well done.

Scarbee

\"Those exagerated vibratos are from a special angel patch.\"

You mean the Angel patch on the CD, right?

Nick,
    YouR skills as a composer are just amazing. Remember, I mean that as a compliment.

So, are there any articulations being heard or is it straight form the CD\'s?

If yes, please ... PLEASE make them available

BRAVO!

FB

------------------
    Francis Belardino
    fbelardino@audiovisionsonline.com

Sound Designer
    Audio Visions, LTD.
    Wilmington, DE.

www.audiovisionsonline.com

[This message has been edited by Francis Belardino (edited 12-20-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Francis Belardino (edited 12-20-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nick Phoenix:
    Those exagerated vibratos are from a special angel patch. It is supposed to sound like old movies. There are also aahs with normal vibrato and no vibrato, sung by the large womens choir.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The intro sounds 100 percent better Nick with those Angels. Great sound! I like the \"old movie\" idea

Thanks. I\'m just using the stock library. I have hired Dave Govett to work on the free update. I will tweak it and make it available for download in about 4 weeks. The update will have a slower attack option for all the patches, vowel crossfades eh>ee, oo>oh etc. and some other things probably.

[This message has been edited by Nick Phoenix (edited 12-20-2001).]

PatS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Francis Belardino:
    Nick,
    YouR skills as a composer are just amazing.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I second that. I would add that a fair amount of talent must have come into play, as well. Superb!!!

BTW, does the demo comprise excerpts from earlier works, or did you compose those segments specifically for the demo? If the former, where might we hear the full works?

Again, superb!!!

Pat

P.S. I heard a Lord of the Rings trailer last night, and it sounded as if it was using VotA. Of course, TV speakers against the backdrop of three kids bouncing around the house didn\'t allow for a close listen, but I was struck by how similar parts of the trailer sounded to your \"Carmina Burana\" excerpt in the earlier demo.

[This message has been edited by PatS (edited 12-20-2001).]

Yay!

I wont have to do any art files

Vowel crossfades help Nick.

Pat if you want to hear some really good stuff that sounds VERY VotA (and quite possibly could be)

check out
    www.spiderman.sonypictures.com

and checkout the Spiderman trailer

and
    www.minorityreport.com

for the Minority report trailer

both have choir work that justified the purchase of VotA for me...

PS I cant WAIT for Spidey now

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Go Back to forum