• Register
  • Help

Topic: Looking for out of tune piano samples

Share/Bookmark

Looking for out of tune piano samples

I\'m looking for a recommendation on an out of tune, or old upright player piano sound. You know, not the grand Steinway sound, the crappy upright sound, for some wierd ambient type stuff I\'m doing. Any ideas?

Jeff

Re: Looking for out of tune piano samples

Total Piano at www.soundsonline.com
    Listen to the demo, it sounds like the old silent movies with the guy playing the honkey tonk.

I don\'t have the library, but I believe that the \"Total Library\" has a honkey tonk piano. You may want to check out the demos.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donimon:
    I\'m looking for a recommendation on an out of tune, or old upright player piano sound. You know, not the grand Steinway sound, the crappy upright sound, for some wierd ambient type stuff I\'m doing. Any ideas?

Jeff
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or you could take one of your quality existing piano libraries (if you have one), make 2 patches with a highpass filter and apply different stretched tuning to both. Now detune one with about 10 to 20 cents to the other and you should be getting somewhere!

Might save you from buying another lib?

Regards,

Joris

Go Back to forum