• Register
  • Help

Topic: Scarbee J-Fingered Bass Question

Share/Bookmark

Scarbee J-Fingered Bass Question

I saw that the long-awaited Scarbee J-Fingered Bass library, which compliments the J-Slap Bass library, has been released. I also see that it\'s $50 more than J-Slap. Can someone tell me why it\'s more expensive? Is there additional content in the J-Fingered library compared to J-Slap?

Re: Scarbee J-Fingered Bass Question

Hi Cobra 7,

The J-Slap is considered a more \"edgy\" product, therefor we \"dumped\" the prize from the start - also, because we thought it would eliminate some of the piracy...

The J-Fingered also have 500 more samples - 400 MB more sounds than J-Slap.

cheers

Thomas

Thanks for the info, Scarbee! I\'ll likely pick the J-Fingered library up after I\'ve determined how hard it is to program the samples from J-Slap in HALion. I\'ve successfully imported the samples from Giga to HALion format using Awave Studio 8, but I\'ve not gotten to rebuild the instruments in HALion yet. Converting the file using Awave doesn\'t retain the instrument settings so I\'ve got to do the programming myself. Luckily you\'ve provided good documentation with the library so hopefully I\'ll be able to pull it off!

Thanks, again.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cobra7:
    [B]Converting the file using Awave doesn\'t retain the instrument settings so I\'ve got to do the programming myself.B]

Good luck! I sounds like a big job to me. I have made volume programming to each of the samples - 900 each bass and also have different velocity-scales. Then there is the pitc, etc...

Whoa... lots of work.

have fun

Scarbee

Hmmmm. When you say volume programming to each of the samples, do you mean that each individual sample has its own set of unique parameters? Yikes!

Maybe I should just cut my losses here. That sounds like days and maybe weeks of work, which I don\'t have. I mean, programming in HALion is fun and all, but I\'d rather be making music.

Do you know how to save a non-compressed version of a .gig file aside from using Awave Studio to convert it? Anyone?

Go Back to forum