• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Best classical guitar sample - recommend pls

Share/Bookmark

Best classical guitar sample - recommend pls

Any recommendation on best classical guitar samples for gigastudio?

Thanks in advance,
    Americandane

Re: Best classical guitar sample - recommend pls

Hi Americandane,
    you may check out the download area of www.yellowtools.com. There you can get demotracks of our \"pure guitars\" library for gigasampler.
    Regards

Christian

I think that Yellow Tools \"Pure Guitars\" offers some of the finest nylon string instruments available. This collection offers three versions - a spanish guitar, a classical and a classical with vibrato, suitable for solo note lines. (There are also some excellent steel string patches, but for me the nylons are the standouts.)

The nylon gtrs are beautifully recorded,expertly velocity-switched, expressive, evocative and have lots of extras such as string noise, fret noises, harmonics which are quite useful, but must be employed tastefully, though. Key-switching in the lower octaves brings in harmonics and fx.

I also own Hans Zimmer 1&2 and these both offer good nylons. These patches are much smaller than \"Pure\" so great if you use hardware samplers. (They sound great in my Korg Triton.)Vol 1 has nice patches but they have quite significant vibrato on many patches. Vol 2 has the \"Flamenco guitar\" which has several patches, which are almost as good as the \"Pure guitars\" to my ears.

I also have Quantum Leap Guitars which has a servicable multisampled nylon with fx and other cool elements, but the tone of the other two libraries is more pleasing to me.

Also check out Roland\'s Latin EXP card for the JV/XV series - some very cool latin-style guitar sounds. And also I like ACID loop library \"Total Spanish Guitar\" for loops.

One of my personal projects involves the use of both live and sampled nylon-string guitars. In an ensemble setting, the \"Pure Guitars\" collection really shines through. I have made some utterly convincing recordings using this technique.

Good luck!

leadbelly

http://vrsound.com/GS/NylonGtr.mp3

4 velocity layers
    Open strings seperate
    fret and slide noises
    binaural stereo

The nylon guitars mentioned here are very, very good.

However, if you\'re after a real \'classical\' guitar sound, I don\'t believe that anyone has done such a library yet.

Myself and a few others have mentioned this here before, and it certainly looks like a \'hole\' in the library repertoire.

The stuff here though is great, for everything but an authentic classical guitar sound (the right hand attacks don\'t sound right at all to me - I\'m a classical guitarist and maybe too \'pickey\'.

But be careful, and be sure of what you want.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Z6:
    The nylon guitars mentioned here are very, very good.

However, if you\'re after a real \'classical\' guitar sound, I don\'t believe that anyone has done such a library yet.

Myself and a few others have mentioned this here before, and it certainly looks like a \'hole\' in the library repertoire.

The stuff here though is great, for everything but an authentic classical guitar sound (the right hand attacks don\'t sound right at all to me - I\'m a classical guitarist and maybe too \'pickey\'.

But be careful, and be sure of what you want.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is not a Gigasampler solution, but I\'ve heard the best classical guitar in the Roland JV module with the orchestral card.

Archangel

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Z6:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Z6, can you contact me on per@biggagiggas.com, since I\'d like to discuss this matter with you.

/Worra

I\'m one of the people who chimed in with Z6 last time this issue came up, and I\'m here to tell you, a good classical guitar library hasn\'t been done yet. If anybody out there thinks they\'d like to do one, I\'d love to add my two cents\' worth.

Meanwhile, the physical modelling guys are making great strides in this direction. I just ran across this URL a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.acoustics.hut.fi/~cerkut/calib/

I think it gives a pretty good notion of at least some of the considerations that would go into modelling a classical guitar realistically.

Oksi

Speaking of non-giga solutions, my roland XV-3080 has some great acoustic/steel guitars.

Forgot to mention the eclectic expanded library from Bolder Sounds: http://www.boldersounds.com

It\'s on Kurzweil but I believe a giga version is in the works (it\'s part of a larger collection of excellent sounds - they have a pretty good demo, so you can get the idea).

But as Oksi said, there is no \'definitive\' classical guitar yet (i.e Fleta with all the trimmings).

[This message has been edited by Z6 (edited 12-17-2001).]

Go Back to forum