• Register
  • Help

Topic: A message for Joris

A message for Joris

Hi Francis!

I hope you didn\'t misunderstand my post; these samples aren\'t done yet; I\'m taking down ideas for a library I\'m planning to do next year. There are a lot of ideas on how to undertake such a thing, and because of that I want as many opinions as possible.
    Ofcourse I have plenty of my own, but there are a lot of talented people on this forum who might bring up things I haven\'t even thought of!

Please realise though that it might be quite a while before I\'ll be able to show anything, if at all. It is quite a huge undertaking, and if I hear Gary spent 2 years developing GOS, gawd knows how long it will take me

Francis Belardino
    posted 12-12-2001 07:36 PM
    Joris de Man,
    Hi there. I am a bit confused. What did I write that made you think I was speaking to you directly?

Wow, that sounds rude

What I mean is, I was replying to, King about recording and it\'s role in all of this.

You know, theses forums are great but I hate conversation without the voice, ya know ?

I wish you the best of luck! I mean that.

I make a living as a professional sound designer and I DO have access to a 50 piece Choir and three of the best symphony directors in my area but I am in no way ready for such an undertaking. I am still learning.

There are many talented people in here. They, I am sure will help you.

I thought you first post struck me as someone who is not only serious but really wants to know what his customers want.

Again, best of luck.

Re: A message for Joris

Dear Francis,

Sorry, I thought the post was directed at me, since I started the topic and asked for comments on what would make a good library
    Apparently I wrongly figured that any reply to that was also meant for me...a misunderstanding, I\'m sure.
    Thanks for your support. It is indeed a huge undertaking, and the more I write down ideas and notes, the more I realise it.
    Although I understand people\'s reactions when the say \'why not leave it to gary or nick\'..well hey, they had to start somewhere too. I\'m sure nobody had heard of Gary in sampleland before he did his harplibrary, and he would have probably received similar comments had a forum like this been around at the time (or maybe it was, I don\'t know! ).
    Bottomline; I have to try and see if I can pull it off and create something good. Practically anybody with a bit of budget can hire a studio and some musicians and do a quality recording/sampling session; that\'s not where the crunch is; it is in the thoughtprocess behind it and what makes it playable on a keyboard.
    Next to that, I think diversity is the spice of live (corny but true). I\'d rather have six libraries of the same instrument to choose between then two, for instance.
    Most people on this forum will agree that one of the keys to realistic orchestral emulations is the combination of various libraries.
    Anyway, I\'m ranting again

Professional sounddesigner: cool!!
    Do you work on tv or film?

Kind regards,

Joris de Man

Cool. I am happy to have cleared that up.

We do mainly, Corporate audio/Video and Radio. Also, mastering of Rock - Classical.

We have done some, TV.
    National political campaigns, etc.

So, anyway...

I say, Go For It!

Francis Belardino

Sound Designer
    Audio Visions, LTD.
    Wilmington, DE.

dont take my Gary comment wrong

I agree that mthe more the merrier...my checkbook doesnt but I do

The only reasons I say I want Gary to do one, are, One I\'m curious to see what he\'d come up with. two, I\'m sure it would be impressive.

If you can try to achieve the type of level that GOS is in terms of what it is as a product, I\'m MOER THAN HAPPY to see you do it. Or even try. i\'m actually mor interested in people who want to be innovative rather than follow the pack and erlease..yet another...SAME OL THING

good luck, and please keep us informed. If you have some innovative ideas, jsut tell us that you do, yo dont have to share what they are, just let us know you are trying to push the envelope dammit

Really...I am an Idiot

Go Back to forum